Rusty Wheel bolts

update, if anyones interested.

Spoke with Renault today and they won't cover them. So i think i have two options;

1: to re paint them myself or
2: buy new ones.

I'm not sure i can have the car off the road long enough to sand, prime and paint 16 wheels bolts!!

Where can i find wheels bolts? my local motor factors (eurocar parts) don't do them, and i'm reluctant to go to the stealers.

Any suggestions?

update, if anyones interested.

Spoke with Renault today and they won't cover them. So i think i have two options;

1: to re paint them myself or
2: buy new ones.

I'm not sure i can have the car off the road long enough to sand, prime and paint 16 wheels bolts!!

Where can i find wheels bolts? my local motor factors (eurocar parts) don't do them, and i'm reluctant to go to the stealers.

Any suggestions?

Try to have them powder coated, will last longer than the plain paint job.

no joy on cs, not bloody surprised!!!

thread i started: .......Does anyone know what diameter the bolts are, what seating they are and what shaft length?

Many thanks.

no joy on cs, not bloody surprised!!!

thread i started: .......Does anyone know what diameter the bolts are, what seating they are and what shaft length?

Many thanks.
Sorry mate i can't help you much, but what kind of reply if you did get one from CS did you get?

I've got a few which aren't quite rusty but are getting there :worried: I used to use AG Clean Wheels... no more though.

So, i took one out when i got home and the threaded length was approximately 25mm, or 1 inch for you oldies.

The bolt had a seperate filleted seating which couldn't be detatched from the bolt even though it could be turned through 360 degrees.

The total length of the bolt, from underside of head to end of thread was approximately 35mm.

i think these will do nicely, i haven't got a quote from the stealer but i fancy a laugh!!!

http://www.priracing.com/product.php/742/158/bolt---taper-60-degree-seat-m12x1-5--35mm-shaft-length--17mm-hex

Cheers for your help.

Mine have not gone rusty either, but I took my car to have an alloy repaired the other day and they used very harsh chemicals with the wheel still on the car and made them go like this.

3962843812_0d33262d05.jpg

3962067813_49d66761c8.jpg

3962067503_2292b0ee81.jpg

I got them back the best I could by using Autoglym Metal Polish with some coarse steel wool that I got from Halfords, they are about 80% corrected but more than good enough by hand, if you use a Dremel then you should be able to get them 100% perfect.

3962068403_27f760ba7e.jpg

3962069215_75e0be31ab.jpg

3962844662_f5de0eb325.jpg

If mine went like that after harsh chemicals were used then I would say you are also using wheel cleaner that is to acidic, I use Bilberry wheel cleaner and have never had any problems.

I'll try get some pics tomorrow, I would give them a polish but I think it would strip the colour off too?

yes thats what i am thinking mate,

dont want to polish them incase they come out silver like those ^^^ ones,

maybe some nut covers is the way forward. :worried: