Rubbish in the road

Really annoyed. Lately near me I've seen a few roads being fly tipped on.
Doesn't help it being very foggy either.

Driving home today and the car in front has kicked something up from a pile left half in the road.
I was far enough back to avoid it but the plank of wood bounced of the road into my front alloy damaging it.
The damage isn't major as I wasnt going fast and it had lost most of the momentum after it bounced but it still scrapped it.
They have been on my car for a little over 2 weeks too. Trying to look at the bright side that it didn't destroy my front bumper or bounce of the passenger door :jumpon:
Reported it to the council and hopefully it won't be there tomorrow

Oh well at least the car passed it's MOT with no advisories yesterday just really peed off.

It's getting worse the fly tipping it's everywhere
Good news on the MOT side:thumbup:

The government is getting rid of the people who clean the streets too. Spiralling out of control the country is. Today I had to go and look at a job where there was a gas leak. National Grid were there, digging up the road. Apparently some guy just walks along and kicked over all their signs, right in front of them. No one has any respect for anything or anyone these days and they need to learn some manners.

Whilst I'm having a rant, some old woman had a go at me yesterday for parking my van in a residents only parking spot. It was nearly pitch black outside and I have never been there before, nor did I see the signs. If anything, I was trying my hardest to see the door numbers. Anyway, starts getting mouthy at me, rather than saying, in future, can you park round in the visitor bays. I mean wtf? She'd got a bloody walking stick! What's wrong with people?

not just stuff in the road.....its also all the pot holes and badly repaired or resurfaced dont help!! oh and of course the speed bumps that vans 4x4 trucks etc dont get effected by but it jolts the clio to bits :thumbdown:

Cracks me up when the sign says resurfacing and all they do is paint the tar on top lol

^^^ Yes this, does my head in!!! Between myself and my parents, we pay almost £1000 per year in road tax, you know, to keep the roads maintained. Absolute joke. There should be something in the law to state that money raised from a particualr tax must be reinvested to the area it came from. It'd help businesses as well as road users. We already have PAYE to pay for scrougners and immigrants, keep the road tax for the roads.

Anyway, rant over, sorry. :smiley:

Tia, if by any chance you can find out who dropped the load, they can be prosecuted under the Road Traffic Act and would be obliged to repair any damage.

Thanks for the info willis but I doubt they will ever find anyone for it.
if the police gave up trying to find the bloke who held a gun to my head whilst robbing us at my old work the chances of them/te council finding flytippers is zero.

Don't get me started on potholes. Some of the ones I've seen look like they could eat a car. Or the resurface they do that leaves loads of loose rubble for the cars in front of you to kick up :@

The government is getting rid of the people who clean the streets too. Spiralling out of control the country is. Today I had to go and look at a job where there was a gas leak. National Grid were there, digging up the road. Apparently some guy just walks along and kicked over all their signs, right in front of them. No one has any respect for anything or anyone these days and they need to learn some manners.

Whilst I'm having a rant, some old woman had a go at me yesterday for parking my van in a residents only parking spot. It was nearly pitch black outside and I have never been there before, nor did I see the signs. If anything, I was trying my hardest to see the door numbers. Anyway, starts getting mouthy at me, rather than saying, in future, can you park round in the visitor bays. I mean wtf? She'd got a bloody walking stick! What's wrong with people?[/QUOTE

Why didn't you just bundle the old slag into the back of your van and fly tip her somewhere?:rofl:

Why didn't you just bundle the old slag into the back of your van and fly tip her somewhere?:rofl:

Well, us Midlanders are renown for kidnapping people these days you know!

I really wanted to shout back to tell her to shut the front door, but I was in company uniform. Although the hire van does hide my identity somewhat!

I ran over a scaffolding fitting on the m25 last month and it punctured the fuel tank. Pissed £50 of vpower on the drive, count yourself lucky. :tongueout:

I ran over a scaffolding fitting on the m25 last month and it punctured the fuel tank. Pissed £50 of vpower on the drive, count yourself lucky. :tongueout:

Ouch!!

I once saw a van drop an unsecured ladder off it's roof on a duely, there was very nearly a serious accident, I was a couple of hundred yards back so it didn't affect me, but the cars in front of me required a change of trousers.

Potholes are really quite dangerous and when the winter comes you'll notice these will be even more prolific when the ice comes and busts the potholes even wider.

We regularly see incidents where suspension, wheels and tyres are damaged. The worst instances of potholes can also lead to the driver losing control, hitting curbs, objects (and even pedestrians - we've had one!)

It's worse at night as you often don't see them until it's too late, but if you do ever fall foul of a pothole try to take a picture of the pothole using your mobile/smartphone (preferably with something in or next to it to give an idea of the scale).

This will be helpful to you when attempting to claim for any damage from your local council and if the claim was for extensive damage resulting in a claim via your Insurer this would act as evidence for your Insurer.

Kind regards

Tony

P.S. Just an idea, but surely some of the 1m people looking for a job could be trained and employed to fix these. Budget wise, if a pothole damages several cars a time the cost of fixing the pothole must be less than the cost to indemnify for the resulting damage?

not just stuff in the road.....its also all the pot holes and badly repaired or resurfaced dont help!! oh and of course the speed bumps that vans 4x4 trucks etc dont get effected by but it jolts the clio to bits :thumbdown:

Similar Thread Suggestions