Wandas review with rubbish photos

20160115_145533_zpsitaaakws.jpg

20160115_145611_zpsuwe9zb1q.jpg

I had the opportunity to witness the unveiling of the new megane GT automatic. My first impressions are very impressive. The quality is a big step from the previous generation and a million miles from mine. I was expecting the new megane to be just a big clio but its a lot different.

20160115_145631_zpsdtadrhad.jpg

20160115_145642_zpsez6lkpcd.jpg

20160115_145705_zpslpwxrtgx.jpg

The one in the seen was a 1.6 automatic with 205 bhp. I was told it is actually not a de tuned clio rs engine, the block is completely different. 0 - 62 in around 7.1 seconds if I remember correctly does make me wonder what the new RS would be like.

20160115_145739_zpsalqyfnvx.jpg

20160115_160600_zpsbcn2swhw.jpg

20160115_160542_zpspihg7cmm.jpg

20160115_160615_zpsbtvr0soz.jpg

The interior is a nice place to be. Quality feel, "mood lights" in the doors are a nice feature, touch screen dash reminds me of the new renaut espace. The rear lights are similar to the RS 01 (which we all want renault to make a road going version. I would sell my house for that, if my wife would let me). Adaptive cruise control, digital display.

The "4 way steering" I am not sure if its such a good idea in a country with potholes this big and I am personally not a fan of electric hand brakes.

It has the famous Renault Sports badge at the back. Not sure if its a good idea to make the RS more main stream but then again merc, audi and bm have their sports packs with the sport name....

All in all a great car. Would I buy it? Yes but with panoramic roof and the twin turbo diesel (if available).

Being a megane cc fan I would wait for the cc version, if the go ahead with the twin turbo 1.6dci 150bhp version.

Good write up. Really quite like the front and love the interior. Don't like the wheels, diffuser or the over use of chrome.

Certainly don't like the idea of assisted steering but I guess that's modern day motoring.

The photos are better than you make out mate, apart from the fuzzy ones!

Oh and hell yeah to an RS:01 for the public!

Finally please don't get me started on dilution of the Renaultsport badge. I own an ///M car, it's horrific what they have done with that badge to gain a few extra euros. Marketing folks are crap people!

Finally please don't get me started on dilution of the Renaultsport badge. I own an ///M car, it's horrific what they have done with that badge to gain a few extra euros. Marketing folks are crap people!

Totally agree with this! Hate seeing BMW's with 'M' badges that shouldn't be there!