RS Megane MK4

Discussion in 'Other Renault Sports' started by nutnutwelshman, Nov 2, 2016.

1. M19TNR

M19TNR Gold Member

Car:
    RS200t
    That’s the problem... modifying is out of the question for a lot of people first off. I personally only remap out of warranty, and I know a lot of people are the same.

Plus, can always remap the type R and the gap is back

Micah likes this.

2. nutnutwelshman

nutnutwelshman Gold Member

Car:
    Renault
    85% of People that buy a Performance hot hatch will never use it on track so bhp is just dick waving.So lets drive it and then make a decision i never know untill Blanchmount at 110 plus in all my RS's so looking forward to my test drive

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    peter likes this.
  3. M19TNR

M19TNR Gold Member

Car:
    RS200t
    Can we all remember too, that as good as a Civic Type R is.....

IT LOOKS LIKE ASS!!

But yes you’re right, that’s a for and against for the Meg though isn’t it.
    It’s designed to be awesome on track, but like you say 85% of people won’t take it on one (if not more). So surely for the mass market, they’d have been better off pleasing the dick waving BHP people?
    Then making the more track focused Trophy for the track mongers among us?

4. nutnutwelshman

Car:
    Renault
    They made a hash on the 200t and yes i had one but lets just see its a tiny market place 300 bhp should be a starter but just hold fire

5. M19TNR

M19TNR Gold Member

Car:
    RS200t
    But it’s not 300bhp

6. nutnutwelshman

Car:
    Renault
    I know but i said starter but its 280 bhp so lets see i wish my test drive was at Spa

7. Alex Ford

Alex Ford

Car:
    Renault Clio RS Silverstone GP
    Has anyone abroad done any performance mods for the new MK4? as I know some countries already have the car. Interesting to see what people are squeezing out of a 1.8 that already has 280bhp!

I can honestly see the MK4 being a good track car! The four wheel steering being the key to that. I think when the trophy arrives that will be the ring king again!

8. AmosMoses

AmosMoses Paid Member

Car:
    R27 F1
    Sooooo...

I’ve been to Paris and back for work today.

Had 20 mins to nip into the big Renault store in town, hoping they had a new RS. They did!

I think it looks mega, the orange looks ace and the interior looks to be really good quality.

The lighting isn’t the best but you get the idea.

Attached Files:

SeanTheSheep, Beany, Micah and 3 others like this.
  9. nutnutwelshman

Car:
    Renault
    Thank you

10. LOCKE

LOCKE Paid Member

Car:
    RB 182 Cup/LY 197 R27
    I thought the Renault Sports were all about handling rather than chasing BHP figures? As Kev has said numbers are just pub talk unless you are tracking/racing the car.

peter likes this.
  11. Micah

Micah Clumsy McButterfingers Moderator

Car:
    Clio 220 Trophy
    Great pics @AmosMoses - will certainly have some presence in that colour. Definitely a fan of this, interior looks great too.

Pav likes this.
  12. Alex Ford

Alex Ford

Car:
    Renault Clio RS Silverstone GP
    So... Just had a phone call from my best mate and his brother. They've both just been driving the new MK4 Megane on track at Silverstone national circuit.

Me and thee best mate have both driven the MK3 Meg and his brother had one for comparison.

The bottom line from the both of them was... 'Unbelievable amounts of grip through the corners and the four wheel steering is superb at pushing you round the hairpin. The engine is okay but would be better with a remap as the MK3 feels faster. The gearbox is like silk and a very short throw. Overall, an outstanding car and looks unreal too, just not in white'

Brief but enough to probably make me want to drive it now! Can already feel the wallet getting lighter :french:

Micah, Pav, ///M and 1 other person like this.
  13. Pav

Pav Moderator

Car:
    albi blue 197 with boost
    wouldnt mind a test drive

14. Micah

Micah Clumsy McButterfingers Moderator

Car:
    Clio 220 Trophy
    Funnily enough I’d quite fancy a white one.
    Looks like the popularity has bitten them on the bum...

Attached Files:

15. Marsch

Marsch

Car:
    Stealth Grey RS 200
    I wouldn't buy one at this point and rather wait until it's clear that thing isn't a lemon.

Here's a quote of an answer from an alleged RS clerk concerning the cylinder head issue.

One of our Renault mechanics confirmed that there's an official instruction to check the cylinder heads of cars built in a certain time frame. That presumably has something to do with the two different versions of the heads mentioned above.

And here are two videos showing the EDC "knocking" problem. The first is from Spain or Portugal from what I get and the second was taken by somebody from our forum who only has trouble with his one.

Additionally I've heard that they can't get ordered in Tonic Orange and Liquid Yellow at least at this point. Presumably because they've problems with the paint quality of these two colours.

Besides that it should be noted that Renault seems to have reduced the warranty to only 3 years now.

Please note that I've nothing against the new Megane or RS but it unfortunately seems there are some issue that have to be fixed before the car will live up to expectations. I just don't want that somebody here has to play "guinea pig" for Renault.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  16. Pav

Pav Moderator

Car:
    albi blue 197 with boost
    sensible thing,as always,is to wait a year or so ..this way the rs division has some time to iron out some issues...

17. -Eddie-

-Eddie- Missing In Action Paid Member

Car:
    200 Cup
    Every manufacturer is the same when I new generation is released. The Focus RS for instance has been plagued with cylinder head issues from day 1. Another example (non performance) which I have had first hand experience with having worked in a Nissan service department was the latest gen Qashqai which came out around 2014 - some of these vehicles had 7/8 recalls on them.

As @Pav says, best to wait a year or so to have potential issues ironed out.

Surprised to hear it only has a 3 year warranty as the 4 year warranty was something which set Renault apart from the majority of manufacturers (except Kia and Hyundai). Where has this info came from re the warranty period?

18. Marsch

Marsch

Car:
    Stealth Grey RS 200
    I got the info about the warranty from Australia (ozrenaultsport.com) and it doesn't seems to be related to the M4RS only.

IMG_0673.thumb.JPG.6ae9ef11885ea4ed4c9527a734980e27.jpg

I haven't checked if it's the same over here but would assume so.

19. peter

peter POTM Winner - February 2017 Gold Member

Car:
    RB7 #166
    warranty was never more than two years in belgium, unless you opted for "warranty plus".

looked at the belgian renault site and it's still two years (unlimited mileage) or three years (150.000 km limited mileage). you can buy extra warranty (up to three years extra). cheapest extra warranty (subject to mileage) for one year extra is €299, for two years extra is +€489 and three years extra is +€759. those are prices for a megane. clio rates are significant cheaper.

20. Marsch

Marsch

Car:
    Stealth Grey RS 200
    It is or better was the same for my C3RS but at least in Australia they got 5 years warranty for the C4RS and M3RS from what I get. They're quite unhappy about the fact over there.