How long before we see the mk4 megane ?

So today we have seen the Trophy - R which surely is the last of the mk3 megane RS.

If we take a trip back in time, we'll see that about a month after the R26.R was revealed also May / June first spy shots of the mk3 megane went public followed by a mk3 reveal on the Paris auto show.

What do we all think, is there a chance we will see the new Megane in Paris 2014 ?

If they waited until they sold all the Trophy R's to bring out a Mk4 they might be waiting a while at over £36k

The Mk4 would never come out that being the case IMO ! That's some serious wedge on a Meg regardless of spec, puts it well into the range of some serious kit

The Mk4 would never come out that being the case IMO ! That's some serious wedge on a Meg regardless of spec, puts it well into the range of some serious kit

^

For me, once you reach the 30K barrier there is alot of other things to consider.

I'll probs see what i can pick up at for trade price with a good part x value on mine - but out of interest.

^

For me, once you reach the 30K barrier there is alot of other things to consider.

I'll probs see what i can pick up at for trade price with a good part x value on mine - but out of interest.

On a trophy or trophy -R ?

I don't think there is, but megane mk2 was shown in 2002 Paris show, then mk3 2008 Paris show... All adds up for a 2014 launch, but there is an Espace coming as well,pretty much ready and the Laguna which did pretty good on the continent and is a year older as well and could be due for a new one sooner than the meg. All got complicated because of the credit crunch crisis. Neither the current Megane or the Laguna is up for competing with any of the competitors in their class right now - except for the RS of course. So what car is older than the megane in its class, maybe the Fiat Bravo. All other are newer.

Also current Laguna uses a nissan platform, same as Nissan Murano f.ex. if the new megane was to share its underpinnings with the newly introduced nissan pulsar than it could be pretty much tested already together with the Pulsar mules and will need little testing in its production body.

Fingers crossed, as the sooner we get a new regular megane the sooner we get the new RS !

On a trophy or trophy -R ?

Very good family friend owners a number of dealers ships, 2 being Renault. Up to a franchise what they make so he's always done cars at cost price, high part x price and if financed then the lowest percentage possible

wether it would be possible on the -R due to it being limited etc it may be different but all dealerships will negotiate prices, just down to how much they want to make

Very good family friend owners a number of dealers ships, 2 being Renault. Up to a franchise what they make so he's always done cars at cost price, high part x price and if financed then the lowest percentage possible

wether it would be possible on the -R due to it being limited etc it may be different but all dealerships will negotiate prices, just down to how much they want to make

I feel the -R won't hold it's money like the .R has so just be carful.

At your age I think you would be better getting the Trophy version so you can keep it should you get shaked up and have kids.

That way you can still justify keeping the car.

I feel the -R won't hold it's money like the .R has so just be carful.

At your age I think you would be better getting the Trophy version so you can keep it should you get shaked up and have kids.

That way you can still justify keeping the car.

Yeah its hard to tell - there will only be 30 in the UK so you'd like to think it will hold its value, but the .R was still abit more special and the original hardcore meg, so i think your right

I highly doubt I'd get one, would look into the prices etc out of interest, but that's if I can be bothered to ring him/pass by his dealership or pop up the road to where he lives.

Love my Trophy so not actually looking to change :smile:

I just like the idea as its the newest model, akra and the alcantara recaros :smiley:

You need to remember the .R was 24k so it was an affordable dedicated track car. Many people can afford to buy one as a track car at around 15k today. With it's original low price to that of today's money means they still denned good money which is no more than a bogo daily driver.

How may people can afford a dedicated track car at say 30k and how many would chose a megane over an atom which is that price?

I can see the -R being somewhere nearer 20k in 3 years to that of 30k like others have suggested.

Then there is the issue of having to shift a two seater.

Imo better to save 6k and get the standard trophy version with ohlines, turini + ps cup 2s and being able to get shot when you need too.

Imo better to save 6k and get the standard trophy version with ohlines, turini + ps cup 2s and being able to get shot when you need too.

Good point

Or if you have a current trophy just get an akra system, the ohlins and when next replacing tyres go for the cup 2s :wink:

Good point

Or if you have a current trophy just get an akra system, the ohlins and when next replacing tyres go for the cup 2s :wink:

Thats my thinking......

just need a uk registered one so we can see if they can be retro fitted and get part numbers.

Should you get figures on a Trophy let me know them, i may have a dabble but i think i'll leave it 18 months and get one of the later ones before the new no doubt auto box one comes out.

Thats my thinking......

just need a uk registered one so we can see if they can be retro fitted and get part numbers.

Should you get figures on a Trophy let me know them, i may have a dabble but i think i'll leave it 18 months and get one of the later ones before the new no doubt auto box one comes out.

Should think everything would fit fine. Same car etc underneath, its just the facelift version is it not?

Yes it should fit. Just the mounts may be different that's all.

Arka will fit as it's not a full system.

How may people can afford a dedicated track car at say 30k and how many would chose a megane over an atom which is that price?

They're slightly different cars, the atom doesn't have aircon.

Will sell to different people, those who can't have more than one car will go for the megane and IMO it will sell alright!