royal wedding overload

You can say what you want, but this looks impressive!

I almost "had" to go, but (un)fortunately, my girlfriend had to work. :smile:

I've just wanted to see London again. :wink:

Congrats, you've got a new princess...

I've looked at a few news websites from different places...Korea (South!!), China, Australia, USA, Brazil and South Africa....main headline is William and Kate!

Does kind of make you Proud to be British though, watched abit of it lol!

it does!

£20 million for the policing of a wedding and we are making doctors/nurses/teachers/police redundant because we have no money...

it does!

£20 million for the policing of a wedding and we are making doctors/nurses/teachers/police redundant because we have no money...

But with all the interest from the other countries (look at the worlds media outside the palace for instance) I wonder how much this will boost tourism. I sure we'll never truely know the amount, but it won't take that much to make that 20 mil back and they already attract so many people each year. And that's not internal money either.

Exactly what people forget, think how much money this will generate for the country. Far more than what it costs to put on. Very impressive to watch though, nobody else can do a celebration like Britain. North Korea probably come close but it's just not the same.

But with all the interest from the other countries (look at the worlds media outside the palace for instance) I wonder how much this will boost tourism. I sure we'll never truely know the amount, but it won't take that much to make that 20 mil back and they already attract so many people each year. And that's not internal money either.

Thats true...

I would imagine there's huge amounts of money brought in by the BBC for coverage rights, seems like it's been shown in literally every country in the world.

thing is, when his mother and charles wed... were we not in a recession then? and the wedding supposedly helped break out of it due to the money it brought in??? might be wrong.... i wasnt born lol

thing is, when his mother and charles wed... were we not in a recession then? and the wedding supposedly helped break out of it due to the money it brought in??? might be wrong.... i wasnt born lol

a wedding to take the country out of recession.....oh yeh dream on!