Rigid collar mod as seen on Masa's thread

dangerdaz

Platinum Member
Ok..well i have heard back from the UK distributors.
Basically we get a 10% discount for 10 sets. More for 20-30 sets.
Shipping is only £10.
But...and its a big but...the collars are £180 plus vat each set.
After discount this works out as £195.60 a set!
According to Masa,its a worthwhile mod and could cure/limit the pulling to the left some cars have plus makes the chassis nice n rigid.
Thoughts?

it maybe a good mod.....but £190 for a few stainless steel washers it quite frankly stupidity in my opinion :nope:

If it makes the car massively different Id be interested but they are aweful expensive for what they are!... Couldnt we purchase a set and have a engineering shop *cough* copy *cough* them?

Holy balls. And i thought Renault were bad with their part pricing but this is ridiculous.

So essentially £195 for a set of 4? aluminium? washers....

I can imagine the pricing comes from having to disassemble a car to gain dimensions for the bushes, but tbh thats steep.

I work in a maching shop and could produce them...just need dimensions.

I can imagine the pricing comes from having to disassemble a car to gain dimensions for the bushes, but tbh thats steep.

I work in a maching shop and could produce them...just need dimensions.

Buy a set, get the dimensions, fabricate loads to sell on here and cover the price of the initial set + make a profit on the side.

Dooooooo iiiiitttttt.

Sounds like those that are interested need to club together to buy a set then have them made up by a marshall 8)

Let me just pick myself up off the floor.....

I'll stick with the occasional creak/squeak.

and it also forget to say that some sub-frames have tapered locating dowls and hence these would be useless...

I think pretty much all sub frames use tapered dowels to make assembly quick but without compomising accuracy of assembly.

I see these as a bit of a gimic, manufacturers aren't stupid and something as simple as this could be produced in bulk for a penny or 2...manufacturers would use them if they were good enough to warrant a £200 price tag

Your opinions are all the same with ours including me before getting them haha !! :smile:
I strongly recommend someone to get them and post the impressions on clio.

I forgot but I must say £190 is only for a front set.
If you get both front and rear, it will be double.:eek:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LOCKE Interior and Audio 6
Marsch Clio General Chat 20
Willis Group Buys/Discounts 4
jakehewitt Suspension, Brakes & Steering 1