Spoon rigid collars

Marsch

Paid Member
A member over at cliors.de turned my attention to something he had found in a speedhunters article about the well known Japanese tuner named Spoon. It seems they're producing so called rigid collars for subframe mounting which are also available for the Lutecia RS which is nothing else than a Clio RS sold under that designation in Japan.

Here is a link to the mentioned article (scroll down to "part two").

http://www.speedhunters.com/2018/01/project-nsx-goes-honda-heaven/

And here is a link to the shop where they sell them.

https://www.rigidcollar.eu/rigid-collar/products.html/?find=renault-lutecia---vrs-rf4c-109537

I'd like to ask if anybody here has some feedback, ideas and thoughts about these parts?

IIRC somebody here had actually installed such collars not that long ago but they weren't from Spoon as far as I can remember. Any idea who that was (Glenn?) or the brand of the collars he used (are they from Ktec?)?

Reactions: Ruben203
Was it not Josh Gault who made his own up? Not sure how to tag people using Tapatalk, I think his username is something like A1xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The name doesn't rings a bell but I'm quite sure that somebody did that conversion not that long ago.

I've found two threads related to rigid collars here. Both are related to a member named Masa from Japan but these threads are a couple of years old.

Very interesting topic. These little Clios certainly feel tighter in some respects than others, Id be interested in driving one with them fitted but given I currently do commuting and only the occasional spirited drives it seems a waste. The rest of my suspension is not exactly A1 either.

I was nearly right with the name, it’s @A1axx. I’m sure he made his own versions and it’s in the build thread he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marsch
Found these two threads already, thanks.

Would be really nice to get some feedback from somebody who actually has installed and is driving them.

I made a very similar item for my friends MK1 subframe to locate it solid.
Got a few things I'm looking at at the moment for the Clio I need to machine so will have a look when I get a minute.

Tempted to buy these. So I drop the front sub-frame & rear beam, and replace the rubber mounting bushes with the rigid collars? Reasonably handy with the spanners, just checking I know what I'm letting myself in for.

yes I did instal them in the front end.

To me any upgrade without a drawback in the driving experience in any circumstance is worth doing. And these collars only have benefitted the car in every way I can feel, it's not so much a performance upgrade but a feel upgrade. The front end feels more rigid and stable and there's less NVH. The only thing "negative" about them is the install time and difficulty of installation and the price.

If money is no object, do it. If you're on a budget and expecting miracles from these, then don't bother :wink: My next car is getting some if they are available for it.

Reactions: bedoef
Thanks for the feedback @Ice_ken, good to know. I am debating this mod when its time to replace all my front bushings, since most of the front end will be off.

Similar Thread Suggestions