Renaultsport National meet pics..why do all the clios look exactly the same???

I will be a little jealous if n0ddie buys woodys coilies because with some spacers on that would be one nice looking Clio!

Lol. Wouldnt stick spacers on it, would just put the OZ Ultraleggeras on all the time as they have a "stick outta the arches" offset on 'em.

45's? Hope you go for it as want to see an AG done nicely as it's obviously the best colour and the fastest one :wink:

45's? Hope you go for it as want to see an AG done nicely as it's obviously the best colour and the fastest one :wink:

So true. Least 0.5 second to 60.

Offset of ET55 on a 17 x 8" wheel.

It will look awesome when I do finally go down the coilover route, however it'll just be like any other "modified" 197/200, as discussed in here.

Coming for a vee-dub background, I can see what your onabout. Seems a bit stale, but thats why I got mine, hopefully change that :wink:

Trendsetting, not following and pinching ideas from every other car culture is the way to do it. I think why most clio's look the same atm, is because the "clean" look is in.

I have some mad idea's, and no fear of doing them, but my polo gets the money the clio dosnt drink lol

If the "scene" is stale in your opinion, then that (to me anyway) means time to start breaking some 'rules'. I get ripped for driving a a renault by my dubber friends, but do I care? No. My car, going my way.

Also, again imho, its true about engine transplants etc etc, dont forget, the mods you would do to a 172/182 are already done to the 197, so there's no need for them.

Would be good to see some more exhaust options available though, but thats why I'l most likely end up getting a custom one made :smile:

*not meaning to sound arsey or anything with my reply, all my opinion and nothing more :smile:

I'd love to strip/coilover mine but it's only 11 months into a 3 year warranty and I'd prefer to trade it in before it runs out anyway. I think there are a lot of other people the same.

I have you beat on the lack of swirls... :wink:

Emma and Sarah (and your Jo too) took great pleasure in telling the about the 'swirl chat' after the pub at Nationals :smile:

I have you beat on the lack of swirls... :wink:

Emma and Sarah (and your Jo too) took great pleasure in telling the about the 'swirl chat' after the pub at Nationals :smile:

I bet your car has tons more swirls.

It's just fecking yellow so you cant see them!!

Cheat!!!(I'll get LY or similar next)

I've had a look through the pictures and wasn't able to see a car that was exactly the same as mine?

:confused1:

that looks frighteningly familiar .... :scared:

oh nice :tongueout:roud:

i have a 197 diffuser spare if you want to make it look different :blowup:

That would be 'different' :001_rolleyes:

I bet your car has tons more swirls.

It's just fecking yellow so you cant see them!!

Cheat!!!(I'll get LY or similar next)

Yeah yeah :wink:

I just take such good care of it, it must be the Dodo Juice.... :innocent:

TBH, the body kit scene is dead, good riddence. The Clio comes with the bigger arches, vents, diffuser anyway, so no need to do that. Any changes would make it worse. Spoilers are easy enough to get different ones, it just seems everyone goes for the cup one for some reason? Mine's different. The reason I bought my Clio is because it looks perposefull, without being over the top. It was what was appealing to me. I'd imagine lots are the same.

The Clio already handles better than most other cars out the box, so unless you want to lower it, not really much point doing a lot else. The engine is the weak point. But, as has been said before, keep the 2.0l N/A in and you are talking mega bucks for little gains. Engine conversions are ok, but if you have much more power going through the front wheels, you will need to change other bits, steering parts, gearbox, brakes, etc. SO it just becomes really expensive.

If you buy a 1.2 Clio and then drop a 2.0l in it, that's something different.

There's also the issue of insurance companies always on your back, putting prices up and steering clear of anything moddified.

sorry and the cup spoiler....(he,he,he)

I went to Ford Fair last year (cough, cough) and it was absolutely brill. The car park was as good as the show. Cossie engine transplants in everything. big bhp..Rs focus's...loads of varibles of the same theme. None of the just a flick through the RS options list.

Its this that keeps the scene alive, and pushes car manufacturers to improve the cars cause they want a piece of the millions spent on moddin' them

Take a look at vauxhall's VXR options list. Reads like a add in a moddin' mag...All its missing is the girls in hotpants

Kind of irrelevant though. The VXR is a **** base car, so I'm happy Renault spend the money where needed.