Renault UK slashes model range

although in the interest of fairness China has a HUGE dependence on fossil fuels for its energy grid and same test carried out in UK, USA or somewhere like Canada would be more favourable to the EV.

But a bit of googling claims that EVs can take ~40% more carbon to build in the first place, which can account for up to 46% on their lifetime carbon footprint.

Either way I wont be making the jump to EV any time soon... I'd rather have a nice Hydrogen fuel station on the corner to fill up at and buy a pasty...

I don't think Renault ever really had a reputation for being "fun" did they? RS range aside. Quirky and different yes, fun? not so sure.

Won't help the dealers having a smaller range to sell from, though not needing to have some fast depreciating demonstrators will improve matters I guess.

The large mainstream sector is very competitive, don't forget Renault sister co. Nissan exited this sector some years ago.

i was talking about the RS range, but what i am saying is that the even the RS range looks like its going soft as the clio is getting a 1.6 Turbo with 5 doors,

that will be so boring, will be just like a whats happened to the golf GTI (but not aswell put together) getting fat and loosing the hot hatch reputation.

Last edited:
the 197 will become a collectors car now then
is there any REAL pics of the new clio anywere???

Also a good point, heres some clever people saying pretty much the same stuff lol.

http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/10/scant-co2-benefit-from-chinas-coal-powered-electric-cars/

^^ and this doesn't even take in to account the production of the battery cell itself.

Electric cars are the most stupid thing ive ever heard of.

With Peugeot, on the new 3008 hybrid if you contract hire it there's two contracts. One for the car the other for the battery. So dont know what happens if you fail to ake payments on the battery? They come and take it away? Batteries have a shelf life of 7 years and cost £5000 to replace. So not only is the basic price of the car £30,000 if you buy it with the goal of keeping it long term, you may be getting humped over for a battery in a few years. Running on only electric the car can drive for up to 3 miles!!!

So think ill look after the pennies and buy a 370z. :thumbup:

why cant they just install a big mesh grill above all the roads and we can attach the big poles like dodgems?

Fair play to them but they should have axed some of these models years ago and focused on hatchbacks (what they're good at) and possibly one 4x4 (not that Koleos thing either).

I'm against the electric cars too, 930Tech has got 50% of my argument against. We are still going to be polluting to make the electricity needed to charge them but the bigger stumbling block for me is...how are they going to dispose of all these batteries when the cars are past their best ? Its bad enough trying to get rid of an old car battery !

Yep, electric cars are the worst thing ever. They've got to weigh a lot too, surely? Plus they all look crap! I suppose some of the dealers & staff from Renault will just go to Dacia.