Renault defends the paddles on the 200T

So my car is quicker.. Love it.

Still not a bad figure for a car in standard form that's actually heavier than Renault said lol! I'll wait until I test drive one to decide whether I'll buy one, but I do like it, hope it handles same as a 197/200, it is a massive blow about the lack of brembos though :worried:

Am I the only weirdo who enjoys driving cars with paddles? Granted some of the low end cars with paddles need their up and down shifts to be quicker but if this 200T changes at the speed they claim I personally would find it fun to drive.

The thing about paddles and lightning fast gear changes is that they are at home on the track, when your pushing a car to its absolute limit, but that's a limit that you can never get close to on a public road or in a Tesco car park.

The thing about paddles and lightning fast gear changes is that they are at home on the track, when your pushing a car to its absolute limit, but that's a limit that you can never get close to on a public road or in a Tesco car park.

paddle shift comes in to its own in maccy d's carparks :slap:

that 1279 will mean more weight over the front axle i would say as its mostly from the gearbox i would think - unless they have managed to mount it slightly further back!

The initial cars wont have many options either will they a la original 197s.

Give it a year until the Recaro option, Cup option are released then the sales will pick up imo.

In the 7 odd years I have been driving I have never once driven an auto, so if I ever test drive the 200t or any auto for that matter it might be one of them moments where you go "why the hell have I been driving a manual all these years" or I might not like it, in which case only making an auto would be problem for me.

Will be interesting over the next few months that's for sure but one things for sure its an extremely brave move especially in the current financial times we are in so Renault must have faith that they can pull it off.

In the 7 odd years I have been driving I have never once driven an auto, so if I ever test drive the 200t or any auto for that matter it might be one of them moments where you go "why the hell have I been driving a manual all these years" or I might not like it, in which case only making an auto would be problem for me.

Will be interesting over the next few months that's for sure but one things for sure its an extremely brave move especially in the current financial times we are in so Renault must have faith that they can pull it off.

Well I can assure you it depends on the type of driver you are and the type of driving you do. Me I'd have to be doing mega miles or a crap tonne of slow traffic driving to want an automatic.

For me in a car like the Clio the throttle is SO important as it is often your primary method of balancing the car when driving fast as well as controlling your speed. I want to know (or at least feel) like there's some connection between the position of my foot and the power output of the engine, automatics even the better ones I've driven always feel like there's a UN committee between your right foot and the wheels.

It is a shame about the Brembo's not being standard but theres nothing stopping Renault bringing out little tuning packs. Mini, BMW, Abarth all do it I'd hate to add up how much we've spent on our 500 in official Abarth packs :lol:

will it faster....probably!

will it be better on fuel....probably!

but will it be more "fun" or as "involving"????