Renault defends the paddles on the 200T

I like driving with paddles even just cruising around town maybe its just because I'm lazy hahaha don't like fully auto mode though unless in something huge like. Range Rover etc. but takes less effort to pull a paddle and don't even have to move my left foot hehe.

What will people say if it gets amazing reviews like the current 200? It is interesting the split opinions about the new car, more so negative than positive, but unfortunately they are trying to target a wider customer base.

I'll be giving one of these a good kicking in a test drive I think. If it's using the same hub setup as the 197/200 which I think it will be, then retrofitting Brembo's will be a piece of p!ss as it's only a couple of bolts on each side to remove them and I'm sure the brake pressure would be upto it anyway. If that's the case and it handles well then I might seriously consider one. In the right colour and the right spec' I think they will be able to be made to look very aggressive.

Paddles... Well it's a tough one. I love a manual, I think the 'box in the 197/200 is great to use and has a lovely feel and throw to it (mine has never had the crunching problems either). But I've driven a lot of cars with paddle shift and I know how good they can be if they're bang on. Equally I know how sh!t they can feel too... The proof will be in the pudding for that one. But bear in mind that on most of these automated manuals, you can "remap" the ECU on the gearbox so there's potential to speed things up or add modes into the software for different driving conditions.