Remap lost after couple of days???

Saturday I went to Fastchip in Holland to get my car mapped.
Afterwards I was really happy about it: bye bye flatspot and the car felt far more linear going into high revs.

Today when I drove with the car, the flatspot was back and so was the sudden boost that you got at 4500-5000rpm with the stock car...:thumbdown:

Anyone any idea what happened? Did the ECU correct itself back?

Here are the results btw

SteveDenysclio197custom.jpg

Hmm very strange.

The Ecu can't revert itself to a previous setting, once mapped it requires remapping.

I can only suggest you go back to them, tell them what's up and get them to put it back on the dyno (for free). See if what your saying is reflected in the results. If all the gains have been lost I would argue a free remap.

did you refuel since Saturday?

if you did, then it's the knock sensor retarding the ignition timing due to ****py fuel

I also think it could be a fuel issue. I was under the impression the OEM map is overwritten so it would have nothing to "go back to" unless a re-flash is performed.

Sometimes even when you put 99 RON in it can be a dodgey batch of fuel, i've had it a few times.

My car has moods though i dont know about anyone elses? Be it the weather, air temp or just my attitude or mood on a certain day but one day it will feel mega quick and the very next it just doesnt feel up for it?

my car feels like that sometimes, mega quick one day, the next not a much.

A bit of an update: It's the same here, the car doesn't do it all the time.

I've been driving around a bit and it to see when the car does it. If you pull up lik in second gear from 1000rpm to 7000rpm, you don't feel it.

But If you are like in 3rd gear, you take a turn, shift to 2nd gear and you are just in the 2500rpm range and then floor it, then the car holds in...

I send an email to Henk and going to have a look at it, but he told me something that the ECU can readapt himself back

If your on cliosport.net please look at this thread, its the closest i've came to getting an answer on this dreaded ECU:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=498173

Also note that the throttle pedal is also mapped for economy. This meaning that if your cruising along and then floor it the car will be in eco mode and say only open the throttle 60%-80% even if your foots flat. After a few seconds it will recognise your gunning it and allow you the 100% throttle your asking for.

If however you floor in the rev range or from a standing start it will be in 'race mode' and allow you full throttle from the off :smile:

You can overcome this by fitting a Sprint Booster which alters the signal and allows you 100% throttle control with the pedal everytime :wink:

Hmz, that's some interesting reading... If Henk replies back on me, I will bring on the question to him about the different maps and the throttle pedal.

Maybe this could be the answer...

Im not saying its going to turn your car from 194bhp to 230bhp cos the throttles more accurate to the pedal, but it'll make a small difference :smile:

If your on cliosport.net please look at this thread, its the closest i've came to getting an answer on this dreaded ECU:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=498173

Also note that the throttle pedal is also mapped for economy. This meaning that if your cruising along and then floor it the car will be in eco mode and say only open the throttle 60%-80% even if your foots flat. After a few seconds it will recognise your gunning it and allow you the 100% throttle your asking for.

If however you floor in the rev range or from a standing start it will be in 'race mode' and allow you full throttle from the off :smile:

You can overcome this by fitting a Sprint Booster which alters the signal and allows you 100% throttle control with the pedal everytime :wink:

hi ben, are you sure of this ECU "change"..

because after last remap i was happy, but after 3/4 days i perceived a power loss..... but i don't know if it is my perception or realty:nope:

The clearest answer I managed to obtain from those crazy mappers is basically the remap changes the primary settings but weather, working conditions, temp can adjust small parameters of the original remap to suit conditions.

So if administered correctly the remap will not dissapear or get lost, but at certain times it will however be diluted down by small temporary adjustment.

Yes but ktec would say the 197s ecu is useless because they have their gen128 ecu coming out soon which is a perfect reason for us to buy one.