"Hi Simone,
Thank you for your feedback.

When you reset the ECU this should cause the ECU to "re-learn" the long term
fuel trim.
To reset the ECU, first acquire the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's) then
click on the "Reset" option."

this evening i'll try it

Hi mates!
My 197 yesterday on the dyno with the same map make 10/15 cv less of the first time remap.........

Something has touch the map......

i need a parallel ecu..to keep all dash service

omex? unichip? emerald? aem?

Hi mates!
My 197 yesterday on the dyno with the same map make 10/15 cv less of the first time remap.........

Something has touch the map......

i need a parallel ecu..to keep all dash service

omex? unichip? emerald? aem?

What do you mean??? they put the same map again in the ECU or did they remap it again and then ik made 10/15cv less?

Paralell ecu? dash service?

with the same map the same dyno 197 make a different result... very worse..

i think that the STD ecu touch some value for anti-pollution reason and disfigure the map or add some value on it.

we are going to put a microtech ecu for solve these problem..

Ecus can't lose their maps
not the base program no but almost every aspect of this setting is altered constantly to adapt to weather, temps etc etc.

So even with the car remapped renault still decides how to adjust your expensive new remap accordingly.

This is true of all modern cars if you change the mixture to eek out more power, the ecu will trim the fuel back until the lambda sensors are happy. The only way to stop this from happening is to fit a lambda emulator which tells the ecu the mixture is right at all revs/throttle positions. This will impact on your cruising mpg though unless very carefully mapped and might give you MOT test problems (unless you set it up on a switch).

My current car runs on lpg and I have the same problem. I want it to run leaner on lpg, but the petrol ecu keeps trimming the fuel to richen it up if I tell the lpg ecu to take fuel out. All I can do is get the lpg fuelling as bang on as possible and make do with it, otherwise it'll just trim out the fuel which impacts the petrol mixture when I switch over.

Short term trims are wiped when you turn off the ignition and ignored at full throttle but long term trim stay unless you reset the ecu and do impact full throttle mixtures. This is designed like this so as the car ages and injectors become less then 100%, or you get a slight air leak... the ECU adapts the trims to keep the fuelling/emissions within spec.

The only way the ECU knows what direction to trim the fuel to is by reading the lambda sensors in the exhaust, so if you remove or emulate the signal then your remap data should remain intact.. removing the lambda will throw a fault code though and put a service light on your dash. As far as I understand, any timing changes made during the remap will remain, this will only be dialled out if there's a knock sensor in place which detects knock - which will retard the ignition to protect the engine.

Rich

Last edited:
[Sprintboosters] work?

Imo no. All sprint boosters do is translate your throttle position so its more sensative. I.e. push the throttle 50% and it'll tell the ecu you've pressed it 70%, so effectively the throttle feels more responsive. It's just the same as being more aggressive on the pedal though. Floor it and they'll both give a 100% signal. Very different to a Remap as you're not creating any more power, just using more of it, more of the time (and fuel!)

Normal - Sprintbooster

10% - 10%
20% - 20%
30% - 40%
40% - 60%
50% - 80%
60% - 100%
70% - 100%
etc...

The top model has switchable 'maps' which change the ratio in which they adjust this value, so you can have a cruise mode and a 'race' mode... although why someone wants LESS throttle control when pushing on is a bit weird.

Personally, if Renaultsport felt the car needed more throttle response they would have set the car up with it - from my test drive it seemed plenty responsive enough already.

Rich

Last edited: