Relatively new (to Clio197.net) Albi 197 Owner Based in Sheffield.

Hello all,

After owning my lovely albi 197 for around 6 months now and after introducing myself properly on cliosport.net, I thought I would do the same on here!

Having owned a Mk1 1.2 Clio since I was 17 for four years, I thought it was time for a change. I am still at university in final year but luckily thanks to a paid work placement in my 3rd year, it allowed me to save up some money and finally get a hot-hatch that I had been craving for years. I went from initially wanting a 182, to a Civic Type R Ep3 and then back to clios again, finally ended up on a 197 of which I have no regrets as I absolutely love the thing!

Performance cars have been in my family since a young age with my oldest brother owning a 306 GTi-6 (Supercharged monster!), 106GTi & now an Evo 5. My other brother now owns a Silver Clio 182 as well!. A few months ago we also decided to go on a road-trip to put them through their paces which was very fun. We went through the peak district, up through the yorkshire dales and finally onto the north york moors...some fantastic roads, photos and good memories of which I hope to repeat in other places in the near future! Nearly forgot to mention in true french car style, within the first 5 minutes of our 'epic' road trip, my fuel filler cap decided to jam when filling up for petrol..typical!! :smile:

Unfortunately, in the short time I have had the car due to money constraints I haven't been able to make any major modifications (except for some tailpipes & other little additions) so when I graduate in a few months time, luckily with a job awaiting me...Let the fun begin!!!

As I am at Sheff Hallam, I am based in Sheffield at the mo. My User on cliosport.net is 'calumfletcher', I didn't realise there was another fletch on this forum so I'll probably try and get it changed to the same as CS.net at some point!

I have actually been browsing 197.net for a good few months but I thought I would introduce myself formally. (Will be joining as a full member very soon when a bit of spare funds allow)

Finally, if you have stook around long enough after reading my life story, would just like to say thanks and I look forward to being more active and meeting you all!

Some piccys below:

2012-09-24102305_zps993a1d4e.gif
2012-08-04154242_zpsd2adfccd.gif
Photo-28_07_2012-204559-21_zps23bc4360.gif
Photo-28_07_2012-204559-20_zpscaed7cbf.gif
2012-07-28190630_zps7e37897a.gif
Photo-14_07_2012-205704-2_zpsaff80028.gif
Photo-14_07_2012-205704-5_zpse9dce3d0.gif
2012-09-24104507_zpsdec8aa4f.gif
IMG_9503_zps5d709d0e.jpg
IMG_9378_zpsd493388b.jpg
IMG_9436_zpsf5a86a5a.jpg
IMG_9481_zpsd7265d00.jpg

Cheers guys

Welcome mate!
GoPro on the front of the AB :smile: - any good vids? :smiley:

I'm currently in my 3rd year on a work placement and just brought a 197 haha.

Hi Fletch,
Welcome to the forum, thats got to be a pretty early 197 on a 06 plate - looks a beauty so keep it up :smile:
I've drove an Evo 5 before and even though they stupidly rapid, you can still have a lot more fun in the Clios. Whats your brothers thoughts on the 197 compared to the 182?
We'll have to sort a meet out for us East Midlands lot, not had one since January so could do with blowing some of the cob webs away :smile:

Hi Fletch,
Welcome to the forum, thats got to be a pretty early 197 on a 06 plate - looks a beauty so keep it up :smile:
I've drove an Evo 5 before and even though they stupidly rapid, you can still have a lot more fun in the Clios. Whats your brothers thoughts on the 197 compared to the 182?
We'll have to sort a meet out for us East Midlands lot, not had one since January so could do with blowing some of the cob webs away :smile:

Hoping to get a meet sorted in January, possibly Karting. A few of the Yorkshire lads will come down and no doubt we'll get MikeLY and Jonsey up too.

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29158

Welcome to the site mate, all three cars look great. Your in good company around Sheffield, home of 197/200.net :wink: make sure you get along to some of the Yorkshire meets coming up this year :thumbsup:

Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Welcome to the site.
Where in Sheffield you from.?

Hi Jase, I'm living just off Bramall Lane at the minute, right smack in middle of the city! But my hometown is actually Worksop which isn't too far away really.

Anthracite wheels on Albi is full of win.

Hi Noddie, I actually bought the car with anthracite wheels and it was one of the main reasons that I actually liked it so much, I think they fit really well!

Welcome mate!
GoPro on the front of the AB :smile: - any good vids? :smiley:

I'm currently in my 3rd year on a work placement and just brought a 197 haha.

Thanks Deaks! Yeah, we attached it for some of amazing roads we went on. Unfortunately, we probably picked one of the worse weekends for rainy weather so the videos didn't turn out quite as well as we'd have hoped as rain kept getting on the lens! It didn't stop us having fun though and it was probably the first time I properly realised how well the 197 sticks to the road. I did just have some new tires fitted before we went, but the grip was phenomenal even in the rainy weather! My bro in his 182 didn't have as good tires mind and he could barely keep up haha

Hi Fletch,

Thanks Azza for your comments! I have drove his evo on track actually and it was very fun as there was just so much power but like you say the clio's are so much fun especially when chucking them into the corners. I don't think Mark (182) has had chance to drive my 197 but he has been in it and likes it. It's good to have another Clio Sport enthusiast in the family anyway! I'm up for some meets as well, I would love to see what you guys have done with your cars and give me some ideas :smile:

welcome , good name choice lol

Haha cheers, sorry about that fletch. I only realised your name till after and I'd been browsing the forum for a bit! Hopefully, if one of the mods or Jase is kind enough they could change it to 'calumfletcher' similar to over on CS to avoid any confusion! Didn't really want to pester them though, so might just have to put up with it for now :smile:

Last edited:
Welcome mate bought plenty of parts for the gti6 of your bro

Hi mate, thanks. Ha did you? Yeah, he's big on his cars, been on the scene alot longer than me lol. Take it you used to have/ have a gti6 then? Great cars - I was still quite young, probably still in secondary school, when he had his gti6 but used to love it when he took me out for a spin in it.

Do you still have the gti6? How's your clio compare? :smile:

Last edited:
Gti6 has gone there quite alike though gearbox is better in a 6 though but clios a little faster and handles a bit better.