Reg plates

I know this is probably personal preference but hav just bought a private plate for the clio but cant decide what style plates to buy.
I hav had a few golfs with pressed plates but dunno what they would look lyk with the clio been a french car just wondering whats the most popular ,standard? Pressed?
I quite lyk the resin plates with the letters sticking out but cant make my mind up lol

I have genuine carbon fibre plates. Bought the sheets of carbon fibre in the shape of a numberplate and then took them to a local sign writing place to get the vinyl made up for them. The 200 is actually the second car I've had them on and in the 5 years I've been running my numberplates like this I've never been stopped once.

IMAG0237.jpg

Last edited:
Tree200, I've ordered a set of these pressed plates for my black 197 as I think they look great. Have you had any issues with fitting /keeping em on, as apparently they're fixed on by double sided tape, my current ones are screwed on.
Cheers

I got carbon domed plates mine on with double sided tape halfords sell the strips had no problems with mine at all

Had a carbon plate made for the Fireblade I used to have but can't find the name of the place where I had it made for love or money looked cool as too. Was the same as Paddys above but the company supplied it finished and posted it to me. Off to try and find their name and if I find it I will post a link

Quite fancy the pressed might just order sum for the sake of £20 and see what they look lyk ,as for fitting when i had them on my mk1 golf
A used velcro strips bought from halfords in the bits and bobs bit much stronger glue on the velcro as i tryed the stickie pads and the plate came off after a few washes

Yeah fitting is easy, they supply double sided tap which is more than enough, just got a private reg so has to take my old pressed ones off and they were pretty well stuck on!

Heres another one
12800673734_fe53e9711b_b.jpg
Untitled by Etree200, on Flickr

I have genuine carbon fibre plates. Bought the sheets of carbon fibre in the shape of a numberplate and then took them to a local sign writing place to get the vinyl made up for them. The 200 is actually the second car I've had them on and in the 5 years I've been running my numberplates like this I've never been stopped once.

No idea what Irish rozzers are like but if you're under the same rules as the 'mainlanders' here a carbon background on the font is not legal and shouldn't pass an MOT afaik. You might not ever get pulled but it only takes on fussy bobby with a chip on his shoulder....

Nothing wrong with them being constructed from carbon though, I've not been able to find anything that specifies materials for construction beyond reflectivity requirement.

Tempted by some of these now, always puts me off having to send documents ect.

Will he make them without the black border?

Got mine today, a day after ordering. look miles better on my black 197 ,unsure if they do them without a black border

Tempted by some of these now, always puts me off having to send documents ect.

Will he make them without the black border?

yeah im the same, that's why I went for these ones as you don't need to. Plus they're not your typical pressed plates that are not reflective.