New Reg Plates?

AaronJeff

Gold Member
Shortly i am finally transfering my reg over to my clio :smiley:

Do i go for 3d Domed, metal pressed or just dark tinted reg on a nimbus grey r27???

I am well aware they are all illegal before the thread police arive hahaa!! :lol:

They look good them mate, might get them because there different .. how do they look at night on the car?
Cheers :smile: I'm not really sure but I can take a pic of the rear and front at night if you like? They should however be the same as normal plates in terms of how reflective they are because the gel plates are road legal.

Cheers :smile: I'm not really sure but I can take a pic of the rear and front at night if you like? They should however be the same as normal plates in terms of how reflective they are because the gel plates are road legal.

I didn't know they were road legal!

The only reason i want to know what they look like is because i love how pressed plates look under LED's - Want to know if the gel plates give the same effect.

Uploading some pics would be unreal please bud if you can!

Metal Pressed plates are legal, as long as you find a seller that has got them authorised by the DVLA then your all good. You will prob still get pulled over though, just dont be a dick and youll be fine.

Just taken some pics. The first two are with the flash on, and the last is without the flash. I haven't got LED numberplate lights however. Pressed and gel plates are legal, depending on where you get them from as they need to have the makers postcode and other info for them to be legal, amongst other things

BA10D253-1F8C-4EE0-BDB6-5C903DD11847_zpsdernvqas.gif
5F3BA08A-7933-4B94-8D36-4CA338D225D2_zpsscvbruw1.gif8FF69A65-05D1-430E-BA3D-B22BD7C2A533_zpshhpn8wc7.gif

Are yours BSAU marked?
Yeap, in the right hand corner. They were expensive compared to the plates on ebay without the marking. Plus I had to send over proof of ownership of the plate and i.d before they'd post the plate

Yeap, in the right hand corner. They were expensive compared to the plates on ebay without the marking. Plus I had to send over proof of ownership of the plate and i.d before they'd post the plate
Ah I wasn't sure. Yeah better to pay the extra to get that on them, hopefully no hassle then !

Not sure how these plate manufacturer get away with supplying plates without any form of ID , but that's off topic ! [emoji1]

Ah I wasn't sure. Yeah better to pay the extra to get that on them, hopefully no hassle then !

Not sure how these plate manufacturer get away with supplying plates without any form of ID , but that's off topic ! [emoji1]
Exactly :smiley: Didn't want to get stopped and end up paying twice!