Redstuff, why I hate them so

I will never touch carbon lorraine again. I used a set on my 172, 1 track day at bedford and a bit of road use. Here's the result

On all 4 front pads. Shocking quality, not the only set that have done this either.

Bloody hell, never seen anything like that on CLs before. Maybe there was a bad batch? I've had mine for about a year, had them out to do a brake clean up last week and they look good as new.

Arnt the DS2500's bad for dust?

i think they are compared to the ebc reds i used

as for the pads falling apart - i had this when i had the focus - i actually complained and they asked for the pads back and sent me some new ones.....they then fell apart - i sent another letter telling them never again!!!

until i used the reds on the 197

i think the issue with the ebc is corrosion under the material on the pad backing which causes the friction material to drop off...not good and by the sounds of it still an issue!

need to get a chance to strip them down and have a look its due a service in a couple of weeks do u think theyll pick it up on that

100% the pads will be seized in. My cups an 08, and my front pads were solid. These need regular strip downs. Should be done every service imo

Used redstuffs for 10000 miles and two sets over fast road use and lots of normal use ( commuting etc ). Unfortunately I have no idea what everyones complaints are about. Rate them highly and have always performed all the time. Almost zero dust is amazing too.

Luv them! Never had problems with pad quality, always fit perfectly and built properly.

i agree on some parts ben, I used them on the road and track. on the road it takes them a while to warm up but when they were warm they were fine. on the other hand the track days gave them some mega stick and they melted abit and started leaving **** on my disks