Recaro side bolsters

JCarthy

Gold Member
Hi all,
Looking to fix up the side bolsters of my blue dot Recaros but having trouble finding material to match the original.
Is the material from the standard clio or any other renault seats the same? 20211024_154331.jpg
I'm living in Ireland so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

I'm up in Tyrone I've looked into it before and the material is different between standard and Recaro you will see it on the back seat fabric. The genuine fabric cannot be found but I did find the fabric in a 2008 Megane non Renaultsport but was some type of sport edition I used it to redo several Recaro trims that I have I find that where I am based is that material is one thing the person repairing it is another you could have a perfect match material and the repair guy does the stitching badly.

An example of what I call a poor repair I got this fixed
1666794184526.png

Capital seating then the match was very good and if not perfect then they can be swapped (driver/passenger) base and back so the repaired bolsters are on the inside and not noticed. I've had 8 seats repaired and the new fabric has thicker backing foam I might have a picture of a repaired one.

I don't think you can get the original fabric now for the blue dot ones - There are a few that can get very very close as they've done loads.

Capital Seating will only do them if you take the seats to them when I last asked, they can't confirm a match without them being there, and you confirming you're happy with what they're using.

Steve Murr does them very very well. I highly doubt he would sell the fabric (or tell you where to get it from) as it's him that has gone through the R&D to make sure it's as close match as possible. Last post I saw he charges £330 for the full side that you would need including foam.

Thanks for the info lads. Don't think it's worth my while shipping the seats to the UK so I'll have to keep looking for the fabric

I took my covers off and gave them in they had a 5 week lead time but they are the Recaro UK dealers so they know how the retrim them no issues and you can get embroidered fitted covers from them. The only thing I would do with capital seating would be to use tailors chalk and mark the panels you want repaired as I did get a yellow dot seat base put back together as I bought it in pieces it had been taken apart at the stitches I guess to get the panel patterns to make a new one. They put it back together with the worn bolster in it, but they fixed it and posted it back for free.