Recaro side bolster material?

Bodyboarder81

Paid Member
Hi all , I have the below seats and although the bolsters are in perfect condition ... it bugs the hell out of me that the material on the door cards doesn’t match at all . Does anyone know where I can buy some of the same / very similar material to Retrim the door cards ... I’ll also add the yellow stitching to enhance it a bit as well . I was given the number of the trimmer that R-sport use but he’s unwilling to sell me any material .

Any help much appreciated:smile:

F25F1F8E-D0FA-4FE9-B554-9BE9EA32B663.jpeg

Might be worth trying Capital seating in Leicester, they're an authorised Recaro supplier.....

Agree with you ref material on door cards, horrible stuff, like an old pair of tights.

The material is no longer in stock with capital seating the door material matches the older 197 seats which have different texture black and the standard 197 non Recaro seat is different again. But which material are you looking the yellow dot or the 200 black, I took a long look at the seat material situation and did find the 197 Recaro black material used in other Renaults as it's all Renault specs anyway. I found the Recaro black on a Megane Knight Edition car I also think Audi roof cloth material is near match I cant believe to can easily buy the Renault 5 Turbo cloth, seat foams and complte trim sets etc. after all this time since the car is over ten years old does anyone have access to the Renault supply chain to get it but I guess you have to buy a £5000 full roll I did post some pictures of the 197 seats material to show the difference I even bought a 200 Recaro seat trims to see that difference I must update the post to show all three.

Thanks for the replies ... yes as you say capital seating don’t stick the Recaro material anymore . Pretty sure Recaro have stopped selling it also .

The material I’m after is what is used, on the above picture of my seats , on the outer sections ... so side bolsters , seat bolsters etc . I would like to get the door cards done in very similar material so it matches the seats better . That make sense ?

Reactions: lewishunter98
This material is like gold dust. none of the suppliers would tell you where they get it from or whats it called or product ID. (its a Secret shhhhh).

Capital did sell this on ebay at a heafty price just for a small piece measuring 700mm x 400mm for like £105 if i can remember. just enough to do one bolster.

i would love to know where to obtain this fabric, but probably best just to get a re-trim in leather and alcantara and get the doors done in alcantara.

..... yes I’m gathering that nobody wants to give up where the best matched material is from !

I’ll just take it to my local trimmer and see what he says . Not the end of the world if I don’t get it done . Just little bits like that make the car all the more better in my eyes .

Sod doing a full trim of everything.... this is ‘meant’ to be a cheap fun car ... think I’ve spent 1k on it already and only done 55 miles in it !!

..... yes I’m gathering that nobody wants to give up where the best matched material is from !

I’ll just take it to my local trimmer and see what he says . Not the end of the world if I don’t get it done . Just little bits like that make the car all the more better in my eyes .

Sod doing a full trim of everything.... this is ‘meant’ to be a cheap fun car ... think I’ve spent 1k on it already and only done 55 miles in it !!
It gets that way mate hahahaa!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bodyboarder81

Similar Thread Suggestions