Rear tow point

richandgem

Platinum Member
Hello guys

I'm currently sat in a very muddy field at Silverstone. Now the car may not move till Monday and the field is already slippery with more rain forecast. The camp site have loads of defenders pulling people around but where is the tow point on a 197, is there one?

Ah you'll be fine. See if you can find some hay laying around, if you can stuff a load in a bag and jam it around your wheels and just behind the car and leave it be for the weekend. It'll soak up the majority of the water and should give you at least enough room to get the wheels turning and get some momentum up incase the worse happens and the field turns into a bog. :smiley:

There is one but I think you need to remove the bumper. You actually get a rear tow hook with the car.

I have dragged french motors with a strap around the rear beam before without damaging them but cant recommend it safely.

yea we're on the same wave length mate, swear ive seen a picture of someone on the old site with a whole cut out

I'm tempted myself, mmmmmm TRS poking its tounge out

Thats what most of the cup racers have, a nice (tow strap wide) slit between the diffuser and bumper.

Was looking at my diesel clio today, it has a circular bung in rear bumper were tow hook goes, it's were the diffuser and exhaust are on our cars.