Rear ended on the M25 yesterday

Driving back home from Oxford to Folkestone yesterday on the M25 in the usual rush hour traffic. Had been stop-start for approximately 5 miles and I'd noticed the car that ended up hitting me as he was in the middle lane with 2 number plates on (rental plates). Next thing I know he has nipped in behind me (even though our lane was moving slowest?) and about a minute after this I get the nice surprise of BAMMMMMM. WTF has just happened?

His focus wore it SO well. Couldn't see any damage on his, as for mine.. well.

265_zps7d6ee4b5.jpg
266_zps656190f6.jpg

Great start to my weekend..

Gah. Sorry to see this. :worried:

Does the boot still open and close alright? Boot floor look to be ok? It looks like he's managed to miss your bumper!?!

I would have been holding my neck lol...

100% not gonna cost you but still a pain in the arse for ya mate, hope its sorted quickly.

I would have been holding my neck lol...

100% not gonna cost you but still a pain in the arse for ya mate, hope its sorted quickly.

Lol and that's why our insurance premiums cost 20% more then they should.

Will, sorry to see this but it can be fixed :smile:

A quick way to get the inevitable ambulance chasers off your back (if you want to be moral and not put in a false claim) is to say "I'll let you do what you want if I get written conformation from my insurers, that this will not affect me in the future"

I was getting them fairly frequently until I said that :smile:

Fingers crossed for getting this sorted quickly though

So much for the Ford auto stop system, you'd have thought hire companies might spec them with that option to avoid this sort of thing. Hopefully just a new tailgate, hope you get it sorted soon.

Sh*tter mate, Fords are hard as nails for stuff like this, I wrote offa clio last year with my Fiesta van (they pulled onto me) next to no damage to the van, nearly bent his Clio in half lol.

Better for the car to take the impact and crumple than your bones, looks like it absorbed the impact well enough it's just a bit crap the impact wasn't completely absorbed by your own bumper.

Hope you get it sorted quickly and they look after you.