someone rear ended my 200 :( advice

ok so friday morning i was on my way to work both me and the car in front had stopped to let a car out of a turning the lady behind me failed to see i had
stopped as she was looking for the demister button for her front screen she hit the rear of my car at about 25/30 mph and pushed me in to the car in front now it is going through my insurance and thats all under way but my concern is the rear boot floor i checked this literally as the first thing and where the tool box sits in there is a slight dent to be honest i wouldn't say its folded up. but there is damage there the rest of the floor seems fairly straight but that area is dented i told this to my insurance and they have said that because my car is a 2010 model and is not that old its highly unlikely that its a write but I'm worried about this has anyone had this before any past experince just need some advice thanks terry

Cant imagine that any sort of bodywork damage like that would be a write off. They write a car off when the cost of repairs outweighs what the car is insured for, and theres no way thats going to be 8k+

Stupid ****ing woman.

sorry to hear that but on the other hand it looks like the clio help up quite well..no damage really..can consider yourself lucky tbh...

thanks guy i was just worried as I've heard a few people who have been hit up the back with these have creased the boot pan and i was worried there is a few more dent in it that you
can't see in pictures its more when you run you hand across you can see its a little out of shape but overall i think ill be ok the car did hold up well I'm just gutted its happened as i now have to wait for her insurance company basically because she was going on holiday when it happened she isn't back home till tuesday and i don't have loan cars on my insurance
we have to wait for her to admit liability to her insurance then i will get a car then they will fix mine :worried:. hopefully i can claim expenses as well because i told my insurance i was meant
to go to french car show this weekend and i had everything booked they said i should be able to claim that back

need to look underneath as some cars the floor crumples further up/away from the impact...

as for admitting liability that's not really for hers to admit its with the insurance now so they need to get it sorted

sorry to see this mate i know how you feel as i recently had a van pull out on me hope it all gets sorted quick for you

Yeah there was quite a bit of queing traffic me and the Bmw in front were doing about 25/30 and then we both slowed down to let this lorry pull out next thing I knew I just heard this loud bang and was pushed in to the Bmw I was just so shocked it had happend I'm very lucky as it could have been a lot worse I guess this week will be the test as I've never had to deal with my insurance to claim in 5 years most annoying thing is that I'm working next week and still have no car but hopefully it all gets sorted quickly

The garage it goes to will give you a good idea pretty quickly. They'll have to look at the cost of parts, labour and hire car then decide whether to repair it or not. Things like bumpers can look ok from the outside but be damaged badly inside, they're expensive too

Just giving this a update I now have the car back it literally had brand new everything on the outside with I am happy
only thing I'm upset about is my boot pan now has some rippels where the dents were removed I can see them every so slight when the diffuser has been taken off but the car has been back x2 to try and improves this and there saying that's the best I'm going to get :/ I'm a bit stuck as to what to do because now I just cba with the car anyways here is a picture of the repair from underneath F68277DC-5FD9-455F-A621-0FC6F453879A_zps3grq1jql.jpg 70E62B0D-AAE2-4970-B699-C29A7BAD1AE6_zpskqez8xzd.jpg

How often do you take the diffuser trim off though!
I must admit i have taken it off before when I've checked the exhaust over but not often
the pictures dont do justice as you cant really see however its annoying as it was clean before and through the fault of the other driver its just made me a bit upset is all

I must admit i have taken it off before when I've checked the exhaust over but not often
the pictures dont do justice as you cant really see however its annoying as it was clean before and through the fault of the other driver its just made me a bit upset is all

I can totally sympathise with you, and I think I'd feel the same if it were me. Unfortunately that's the risk we take when we drive our pride and joy on the public road - there's always some idiot who can potentially spoil it for us :@

Oh I see what you mean actually.
I'd be a bit annoyed too knowing that the damage is there through no fault of your own.

Yeah it's reallying gutting I have spoken to the body shop again today it's going back again so hopefully it gets sorted out