Rear axel diffrence.

Is the rear axel diffrence on a clio cup racer compared to the road going clio cup ie is it a wider track on is it the wider speedlines fitted that make it look like the rear wheels stick it out more

Wheels take up the extra half inch inwards not outwards, I know they run small 5mm spacers on the front to clear suspension for the above. I wonder if the beam is stiffer though?

Wheels take up the extra half inch inwards not outwards, I know they run small 5mm spacers on the front to clear suspension for the above. I wonder if the beam is stiffer though?

Incorrect. As there is far more spoke to calliper clearance with the cup racer wheels on compared to road cup wheels.

The rear beam itself is also different to the road cars, it has some kind of mad linkage on it to make it semi-independent.

Incorrect. As there is far more spoke to calliper clearance with the cup racer wheels on compared to road cup wheels.

Oh perhaps my ones are older or of a different spec, as mine sit identical in the arch and over the brakes to the road items... :tongueout:

Standard road Cup wheel:

066-vi.jpg

Genuine Cup Racer wheel:

067-vi.jpg

As you can (hopefully) see, the difference between spoke to caliper clearance.

Confusing indeed then, mine say 8J on the spoke. I know they are wider because the rim edge rubs on the suspension on heavy lock and my STD wheels clear it easily.

defo not the standard wheels then, as we know the road wheels are 7.5 and the Racer wheels are 8 inches wide.

As you say, could be a different variant!

I know and I checked more than one teams wheels.. Unless they thought it gave them an advantage running the bigger tyre on the smaller rim.