really miss my old car

i really like my clio 200 but despite everything (even new ktr exhaust and remap) i cant not stop thinking about my clio trophy.:worried:

i went to tescos do some shopping and got back to my car and i saw a trophy parked next to me. so tiny compared to the 200. im really thinking of changing in the near future for a t again. i know i cant believe it myself. it really is one of the all time great front drivers and is the biggest giant killer in evo mag.

dont worry mate the 197/200 is a better car hands down i battered a trophy last time my car was out

expensive stuff.

on another not mate try KWV3's on a 197/200 and tell me it doesnt handle as well as a trophy :smile:

Personnaly i agree... the 197/200 uas a better chassis..... but i still fink the nimbleness and twitchness of a played with' 172/182/trophy are just awesome for the FUN FACTOR.....

I miss my 172 soooo bad at times

Personnaly i agree... the 197/200 uas a better chassis..... but i still fink the nimbleness and twitchness of a played with' 172/182/trophy are just awesome for the FUN FACTOR.....

I miss my 172 soooo bad at times

its not really nesseasary to have dampers done every 30k, only if used on track would they need doing about 30k or around there. its about £470 for damper refurbish at bg motorsport at silverstone. get a trophy with mark fish springs and rear koni dampers and -1.5 negative camber and i promise you nothing not even an integra can touch you on a back road, ive seen this proof with my own eyes and its gob smacking. running costs arnt that bad and i did average 32 mpg, oh and get damper unpinned too.

I saw a guy in a blue 182 with cup pack yesterday, looking at my blue 197 with cup pack, his eyes said everything...

Im sure in the old RS's you got to feel the road a bit more (like all older cars) which i envy myself but when you push the 197 to the limit & the handling stiffens up it's so great, plus its so much better looking which imo does matter when spending thousands of pounds on a material luxury.

One day you'll hit a twisty road in your 197 & forget all about your trophy, imo the 197 will be the one remembered as the classic, but i would say that...

remember the ff 197/200 clio weighs 1240 kg 197 cup 1220 kg 200 cup 1204 kg. trophy is 1075 kg. weight plays a big part of this so its more fun to drive not bad for a car mostly on 3 wheels

Much as I love the 197, the Trophy is a much more special car. Plus the general concensus is that even a bog standard 182 Cup is better than a 197 on the twisties, albeit not as refined or well built.

The 197 has a number of definite advantages over the 1*2, but I don't think you can reasonably argue that handling is one of them.

I think a lot of it (as with most cars) is prefrence.
mine us for the 197. a trophy would be my second choice. even the 197 isn't my first choice overall, that belongs to the Gordini 200.

it would be boring if we all wanted the same things from our cars.
Enjoy it for what it is and not what it isn't. you can always go back to another car with the knowledge that, for you, that's the best model.

I've driven a car that has more feel for the road but it gets wearisome and I really couldn't cope with it as my daily for another year.
the 197/200 is a good option as a daily. relaxed enough so it's not to harsh but with a push it can be an animal.

Last edited: