Really missing the Clio...

-Eddie-

Missing In Action
...not because I've sold it, but because I'm laid up in hospital with quite a nasty leg break and also dislocated ankle with possible tendon and ligament damage.

Can't drive for at least two months, it'll kill me seeing the car in the driveway and not being able to go anywhere!

Be careful in the snow and ice folks :smile:

<<<<<<Eddie>>>>>>
I feel very sorry for you. I had a minor hand op in December and couldn't drive for a couple of weeks. The pain of that was far worse than anything that the hand could give me!
Hope you recover quickly. Xx

Ouch... hope you get better soon Eddie. When I first had the Clio I was given some medication by the hospital which induced a fit so wasn't allowed to drive until I got the all clear 3 months later. In my younger days I broke both legs in an accident so I feel your pain.

Sorry to hear that Eddie, I wish you a speedy recovery! You will enjoy the Clio tenfold when you get back behind the wheel :smile:

Sorry to break it to you @-Eddie- (pardon the pun, but I doubt you'll be driving this side of Easter, from what you've posted about your injuries and needing physio etc, its gonna be a long hard road back.

I do wish you a speedy recovery though.

Oh and I've been there myself so I know just how frustrating it can be, I was away from the car/driving for about 18-24months due to my injuries.

Last edited:
what happened??get well soon so u can give it some again :wink:

Last edited:
[MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION] , I slipped on ice on Wednesday morning. Dislocated my ankle and broke my leg in 3 places. (Tib broken in one place, fib broken in two places).
[MENTION=5499]Jmax[/MENTION] , don't be telling me that :worried:. To be honest I was thinking into April myself to be honest. Hopefully there won't be any further damage to tendons or ligaments.

Thanks for your well wishes everyone :smile:

Not good mate, rest a lot and it will heal sooner. In the mean time though you wont be spending fuel, put the fuel money towards some mods!

Not good mate, rest a lot and it will heal sooner. In the mean time though you wont be spending fuel, put the fuel money towards some mods!

Good thinking man! I've done all performance related mods so going to get various bits painted, i.e. Door bullets, door handles and inlet manifold whilst it's off road!

Cheers guys! Two weeks today since it happened and getting real bad cabin fever now, very frustrating!
[MENTION=2996]nutnutwelshman[/MENTION] What dates in October Kevin??

Hope you get well soon mate.

At least it's happened in winter when you wanna avoid driving more because of ice, salt and grit on the roads. [emoji4]

Hi [MENTION=2159]Edd[/MENTION]ie hope you're well buddy just confirming things now I let you know by Tuesday are you doing the Renault day in June at Spa