Shame really! A pair of hammered Clio’s at Silverstone.

My son had a new drivers experience at Silverstone and they used a pair of Cup 200 Clio’s with recaros these with a pair of standard Megane’s on trolleys for skid replication.

The Clios were severerly punished (with 4 up) for around 3 hours flat out then extreme cornering and hard braking. Lots of tyre smoke and second and third gear crunch.

Talking to the instructor the ABS was switchable so drivers could experience the benefits of ABS and without.

Anyway the Clio’s don’t appear to be road legal. Silverstone number plates on both. As I said both are CUPS with Recaros.

I understand Albi blue and White maybe be replaced.
One owner, low miles. No one would ever know….

Reactions: Beany and Johnny 99
I've been around the Clio's at Silverstone and the workshop there I have seen the white one at the fuel pumps and a silver one over at the workshops behind the wing garages not seen an Albi blue one. When I see very low millage Clio's for sale I always wonder if they were track cars.

Sadly with these types of cars and the way you have to get the most out of them, most will be ragged and had a good thrashing!

As long as they have been maintained well and looked after with servicing & belts etc shouldn’t be an issue really.

Gearbox and issues can be sorted afterwards and I’d hope the price reflects that if they were for sale

These cars are used for all maner of activities including ARDS tests, training and high speed passenger rides. The odometer is not switched off and parts get replaced regularly or rebuilt when required. I would trust these cars far more than many because it matters that they work right. It matters when you have the public and other paying customers in your vehicles and Silverstone is not the average "experience" £29 for 3 miles "thrill" company and also not in the business of "ringing" cars or selling them individually for that matter. The 250 Megan's and old Aston's all went as a job lot. Of course, there is no barrier to them being disguised by future owners but they most definately have been properly maintained.

Oh, and in addition, they are doing what they were built for by the designers, to cover a multitude of uses and perform very well as standard on track.

Reactions: RSRowe
Yea the same guys look after the single seaters etc and the other cars I could not believe the amount of tyres in the workshop. I did ask if they had a source for gearboxes at the time thinking they might have a few around prime for rebuild and therefore trusted rebuildable condition and right money. I only did this as one of our mechanics has his own business in the complex and they all seem quite a tight community.

Thanks guys for the info. By the way in addition when the instructor disconnected the ABS the speedo is non functioning. Wonder why that is? My son questioned this and the reply was, complicated electronics in the vehicle sometimes means this happens....

Yea the same guys look after the single seaters etc and the other cars I could not believe the amount of tyres in the workshop. I did ask if they had a source for gearboxes at the time thinking they might have a few around prime for rebuild and therefore trusted rebuildable condition and right money. I only did this as one of our mechanics has his own business in the complex and they all seem quite a tight community.
There is a lot of tyres because they can be got through rather quickly.

On one side, they may not have the usual wear and tear a road going vehicle will have. No parking dents, things replaced properly, etc. On the other hand, they have been thrashed within an inch of their life by a variety of drivers.