Racing Harnesses

are they compatible with the the Recaro sportster CS's tho?

i take it the sabelt harnesses bolt into the same holes used by the rear seats to attach them in place.

I have standard recaros with Sabelt harnesses, no additional mounting points required, just bolted straight in.

I have standard recaros with Sabelt harnesses, no additional mounting points required, just bolted straight in.

any photos ben? you got the 3 or 4 point harness?

also where did you purchase yours? been looking through a demon-tweeks catalogue so may order from them.

I have some Lightweight Sabelt 4 Point Race Harnesses...in the process of fitting them. Trial fitting:

4198319841_fc0eff1c32_m.png

I'm in the process of sourcing longer eye bolts for one of the waist strap clip in positions (Door side). This longer eye bolt will replace the bolt that holds in the bar thingy for the OEM seatbelt.

I have used M10 eye bolts to hook up the other waist strap (Transmission tunnel side). This eye bolt replaces the bolt that holds the OEM seatbelt buckle onto the subframe.

Rear seatbelt bolts will be replaced with the appropriate eye bolts (lift up the rear bench and you can see which bolts need replacing).

Hope this makes sense lol.

Last edited:
I have some Lightweight Sabelt 4 Point Race Harnesses...in the process of fitting them. Trial fitting:

I'm in the process of sourcing longer eye bolts for one of the waist strap clip in positions (Door side). This longer eye bolt will replace the bolt that holds in the bar thingy for the OEM seatbelt.

I have used M10 eye bolts to hook up the other waist strap (Transmission tunnel side). This eye bolt replaces the bolt that holds the OEM seatbelt buckle onto the subframe.

Rear seatbelt bolts will be replaced with the appropriate eye bolts (lift up the rear bench and you can see which bolts need replacing).

cheers for the reply dude

honestly not really sure about all the bolt sizes altho having looked at the seat the bolt on the drivers left side that i believe im supposed to use looks severely restricted an looks like it might be a pain in the ass to gain access to

Yeah, seat out job I'm afraid! It's not too hard to remove the seats. There's only four bolts to remove.

Slide seat forward, remove the two rear bolts that attach the subframe to the car. Then slide seat backwards and do the same for the front bolts. T40 torx screws if my memory serves me right.

Yeah, seat out job I'm afraid! It's not too hard to remove the seats. There's only four bolts to remove.

Slide seat forward, remove the two rear bolts that attach the subframe to the car. Then slide seat backwards and do the same for the front bolts. T40 torx screws if my memory serves me right.

Mine were torx 30 holding the subframe down. Its a 7mm allen key to remove the seat belt buckle just to give you a heads up.

Unfortuneatly you know they are illegal for road use?

The law states you have to be able to buckle up with one hand, hence why the pilot catch isnt E marked.

renaultsport-megane-r26r-interior-seats.jpg

Doesn't look that different from my sabelt ones...