Racing Blue R27 392/500 - 24/04/15 Polished up/Recaro bases changed over

Haha thanks dude. Look good dont they.

The coils are low enough!

its awesme just looks well when the arches and all are so clean caus so used to seeing them so dirty :smile:

any way of sealing them or protecting them once you have them so clean?

its awesme just looks well when the arches and all are so clean caus so used to seeing them so dirty :smile:

any way of sealing them or protecting them once you have them so clean?

I'm not really sure tbh dude. The arch liners are pretty good tbh as far as I can see. They are held in place quite well. It's annoying when they get dirty but what can ya do!

Racing Blue R27 392/500 - 22/11/2014 Small updated photo

Been a long time since I have posted anything on here to be fair, didn't ever fall out of love with the clio though.

Recently bought some black front diamond covers due to the old painted ones going shabby. These wipe clean and don't stain which is nice.

New Bosch a118s wiper blades helped smarten the windscreen up when dirty a lot better than the old ones for sure.

Inspiration from detail1's progress thread instantly made me copy his genius nod to the Williams clio of old too, maybe not to everyone's taste but the feedback he has seems good so far and I really like it for some reason.

Recently also had the 3 engine mounts by powerflex installed which make a substantial difference to the front end feel. Feels even more positive on turning in as well.

Getting back into this car now, feels great still and long may it continue :smiley:

A few recent photos to follow soon.

7C56A464-90D4-4805-A9FB-61C703A6807A.jpg

7A831939-AD36-4F52-AE42-C95C7A6717C1.jpg

Also worth noting I thought was for me the discovery of Gtecniq C4. This stuff is really really good, been round most of my trims and done a coating. So far about 2 months in the finish seems to be holding up well. As I understand it this is designed to last for a long time up to 2 years I have read somewhere. Expensive for not much, but you get what you pay for in most cases.

Last edited:
Haha, Yeh I know I've had it five years in August, still loving it tbh. I'm still thinking about spacers tbh like I just wanna know what it's like vs without. Looks wise obviously an improvement.

It had spacers before I did all the chassis mods so this is why I want to try them with the mods to compare. If nothing else becauseracecar!

Will get some more photos up soon as thinking about doing a bit of a detail session with the g220v2 soon.

Also if anyone knows how much it's going to cost me to get two genuine front wheel bearings fitted I'd like to know an estimate, don't think it's a big job from what I can tell. Truth be told they don't even "need" doing I just fancy it for some reason.

As some of you will know I've recently had the front hub and wheel bearing replaced on the passenger side due to a threaded bolt I found when it came out the hub. Got it back now and feels good to be fair, contemplating getting the driver side wheel bearing done as well just for good measure!

Today I machine polished the front bumper, bonnet, both front wings, boot lid and rear bumper, will be doing the rear quarters and doors soon possibly Sunday.

24CDB31B-5904-4B5A-B60D-5CCE97E6CA10.jpg

Also today decided the finally switch round the recaro seat bases, dead easy to be honest. Just remove the four bolts under the seat holding the base in place....

5FBFB084-5B32-4E68-BE66-544149DC7880_2.jpg

Unclip the wires underneath and slide it out...

34F93603-943C-4DED-975C-F5801AFB27D5_2.jpg

Original cover swapped to other side...

575F018C-AE0B-41B1-A0EC-CE427AD9C124.jpg

And the new one in place...

C5CD4163-E8AF-45F6-8E09-DDE83FA6C87B_2.jpg

All in all a productive day. Spacers or not!?

Good job swapping the seat bases over mate, my driver side is starting to feel a bit flimsy so I think I'll give this a go. Did you use blue locktight when refitting the bolts?