r26, first drive

well as most of you know i chopped in the clio for an R26. mainly because the clio kept breaking down (due to me driving it like a tw4t) and i wanted something more comfy and more tunable.

well yesterday i went on my merry way to arnold clark in wigan to get the megane, the drive there was a very odd one. the clio was perfect all the way. was the last drive in it so had to give it some stick on the twistie motorway slip roads. made me realise why i got it in the first place.

arrived at arnold clark and parked the clio up. spotted the megane a mile off and felt like a kid at christmas. signed all the log book over and they went out to tax the megane. the moment i got in the megane it felt right. such a nicer place to be, small touchs like the fold down carpeted arm rest in the back and the leather armrest make it a joy to drive.

on the way back (35 miles about 75% motorway) i averaged 39.1mpg which is much better than the clio as this averaged 31.6mpg on the way there,

the thing i have found aboutt he megane it doesnt feel like its pushing u to drive it fast where as the clio was. with the clio its the noise and the feel of the car which made it hard for me to drive it sensible. the megane is totally differnt, i felt absolutly fine sat at 60 on the motorway just bobbing along where as the clio it would of felt i needed to go faster. i think this is a mixture of the comfort the lux pack creates and the silence inside the cabin which just wasnt there int he clio.

on the way home i took it on some roundabouts, only about half speed but it felt awesome, the exit speed is immense, the turbo really does come in use when you need it. put a massive grin on my face.

the body roll is alot more than the clio but its not unmanageable or annoying, it what i expected from it tbh.

also love the turbo churp and the pull in every gear. still getting used to it so wont be pushing the speed limits any time soon.

pictures.
MACHO MAN

megane2.jpg
BYE CLIO
30441_10150205826535293_582855292_1.jpg
36016_10150205546615293_582855292_1.jpg
36736_10150205535030293_582855292_1.jpg
36891_10150205825955293_582855292_1.jpg

CRAPPY IPHONE PICS.

lynden

So that's the version with the LSD right. ?

I know what u mean about wanting a bigger more refined car . Having recently made the change from Clio 197 to astra vxr . I test drove , focus st3 , vxr astra , r26 . And I'll be honest the vxr was the quickest. And I found a vxr with like no miles on so I chose vxr but. Each to there own .

Funnily enough the onlyreason I thought about changing to turbo power was when went in withoutabix's r26 on the way to to the Clio meet in Warwick.

Good luck with the new car . Stage upgrade asap !!!! ;-)