Quick Question

Hi everyone..

Been really looking into getting a clio 197 and was just wondering about the MPG.. I know it isnt going to be good and i'm not expecting it to be, I just want to know what I could expect.. Please don't say if your worried about fuel then get a diesel :tongueout: I currently have a Megane 1.5 DCi 106 and to be fair it is good on fuel but now that I'm a bit older I fancy something with a bit of power :smile:

I would be doing say around a avergae of 200 miles a week.. It would be a mixture of urban and extra urban driving and pretty sensible with the odd burst here and there.. How much would I be spending on fuel? I dont really know what to expect so any input would be much appreciated... Thanks alot :smile:

You will get variations between 25-34 depending on how you use it.

The best I ever had I got in Scotland - 35.7MPG - 60mph A road non stop.

Average over the whole 2 1/2 years was 29.1MPG

Worst was something like 16MPG on the Nürburgring!!!

There are quite a few MPG threads on here, have a play with the search button :smile::smile:

Ahh thanks Mike :smile: To be honest that seems reasonable to me.. From the research I have done it seems like all the power is towards the top end so I supose if you drive it the way Renault want you too then the MPG will drop haha :tongueout: ..

It doesnt help that my neighbour has one now so I see it everyday and look at him with evil eyes! Maybe if i ask nicely he will give me a go :blush: haha

Nice one dude :smile:

Yeah they are so amazing! I had to sell mine, I wasn't able to support it financially :worried: But i will be back in a 200 soon hopefully :smile:

Current average 28mpg including a 4 mile commute through heavy traffic every day (get about 20mpg on this trip). If you fancy a boring motorway trip cruising at 60 then you can get about 40mpg, this requires a lot boredom and careful driving though!

Ahh right okay guys.. End of the day I supose if your going to buy a car like this then you got to drive it like you stole it! haha

the trip computer says 34.5mpg on mine at the moment

I normally fill up when it's just above the red and normally do about 380miles between fill ups

My way to work is mainly country rounds, so lots of 50/60mph which is good for mpg

Current average 28mpg including a 4 mile commute through heavy traffic every day (get about 20mpg on this trip). If you fancy a boring motorway trip cruising at 60 then you can get about 40mpg, this requires a lot boredom and careful driving though!

:/ i was dissapointed when i reset me trip in wales heading back to the midlands when up and down the moutain roads i was getting 38mpg+ soon as i hit the motorway with cruise control doing 70mph was getting 30 :worried: didt relise it doesnt like 70

:/ i was dissapointed when i reset me trip in wales heading back to the midlands when up and down the moutain roads i was getting 38mpg+ soon as i hit the motorway with cruise control doing 70mph was getting 30 :worried: didt relise it doesnt like 70

It's not the 70mph speed that was the problem, its the cruise control.

Few weeks back we went to Snowdon, I used cruise all the way there set at 68mph and averaged 30mpg. On the way back i didn't use cruise control and averaged 33mpg.

Same conditions, same amount of traffic, same time to do the journey only differnece was the cruise control!

It's not the 70mph speed that was the problem, its the cruise control.

Few weeks back we went to Snowdon, I used cruise all the way there set at 68mph and averaged 30mpg. On the way back i didn't use cruise control and averaged 33mpg.

Same conditions, same amount of traffic, same time to do the journey only differnece was the cruise control!

you could have had a tail wind?

since having to use mine all the time i have been seeing what i can get mpg wise out of it

mainly urban use so far its doing a brim-to-brim 33-34mpg

thats using 6th gear right down to 25mph and changing up at under 3500rpm and skipping gears - 1/2/4/6 or 1/2/3/6

gets boring :001_huh:

Not for 170 miles i don't think! lol

you would be surprised at the effect of wind direction and strength has on fuel consumption....done plenty of fuel trials to know how figures can be screwed out of expectations!

not only that you also have ambient temperatures etc lots of variables

as for cruise control - on the fuel trials i did it was actively used to save fuel - it maintains a constant speed - unlike when you driving you will tend to slow slightly then speed up when you realise - happens a lot on motorways people passing you and you then catch then up and you havent changed your speed they have just slowed

Similar Thread Suggestions