PureMotorsport Cup Racer EE Bracket Kit

Haha you’ll be waiting a while, I’ve not read any direct comparisons between before and after the conversion to establish whether it’s worthwhile

Same. Hence volunteering you as the Guinea pig.

If it made as much of a difference as the Grippers did, I think I’d be tempted

Been a few replies on the facebook post over the weekend, with one person in particular saying it makes a MASSIVE difference to front end grip and cornering speed, although yet to back that up with any actual time recordings.

This is next on my to-do list, but with a new garage build imminent it'll have to wait at least 6 months :-( I already have the full cup racer suspension, top mounts and drive shaft inserts for the standard gearbox. I'll be extending the track rod ends and anti-rotation links myself, so just need the EE brackets, bump steer kit and the subframe spacers - these might all be coming from RSport though as prices are similar, so I'd need to understand why Pure items would be better than original (read that as me saying there might be a difference, I'm not sure).

Feel like you need hurry up and get it sorted then!
Who was it on FB?

I did think there might be a cheaper way of doing the shafts by running a spacer like the Megane boys do…. But the track width increase is just too much to do it

Joel Arguelles

His quote from the post

From first hand experience I would say the front end does make a difference in the dynamics and handling of the car. You have more front end grip and you can carry a few more mph through the corners with the roll center having been corrected as well as improved low speed turn in. It also allows you to get more out of your suspension (if it can take the loads) and you have better grip with more stability under braking. The biggest advantage for us was to allow more camber on cup racer suspension as we are limited to around 2° but with the front end kit you can go nearer to 5° which is definitely needed when pushing the tyres.
The lap times are better but we are yet to prove first hand by how much it is - we will have more data this year when the cars running them are onto the right power.
In my opinion the cost of the parts having driven up to near the £2k mark makes it an upgrade less worthy to someone doing a few trackdays a year and more so geared towards a racer looking to get the most out of the car.

Yeah that was an interesting response, I assume the racer top mounts actually reduce max camber on stock track which is a shame as I was planning on seeing if I could use them to get more than 3 degrees.

Reactions: RSRowe
I suppose waiting until there’s some times will be the telling won’t it.
He mustn’t of had the kit fitted when I was last on track with him :grin:

Reactions: Beany and LiamP
I suppose waiting until there’s some times will be the telling won’t it.
He mustn’t of had the kit fitted when I was last on track with him :grin:

Fairly sure that car is doing 2:15 at Snetterton.. different driver but that is silly quick for a Clio.

This is worth a read, explains a bit more about roll centre correction:

Roll centre correction when you lower a car makes a big difference, mine needs correcting so much on the E36! Also the bump steer more so. The knuckle design on the Clio does help compared to traditional front knuckles, but cup racers ran much lower (I know some are actually running their heights) so would probably benefit.

It's been a while since I looked, but do they not make a bump steer correction kit? As they bolt on the centre pivot, I would have thought it needed correcting too.

Last edited:
So there is bump steer adapters, Alex from back in the day got them from Rsport

Edit:

So it looks like Alex measured 20mm correction for both Bump steer and roll centre

Last edited:
Ah ok, I couldn't see it on their site, I think that will make a big difference on really low Clios more so!
I have read before that you shouldn't put the bump steer kit on a standard car with standard roll center.
Pure also advise that it is not suitable for standard cars without the new EE brackets.

I suppose they are trying to keep the steering arm "parallel" to the bottom arm? If the roll center correction is 20mm, it makes sense as the bump steer kit is ~20mm as well

Reactions: wootwoot
I have read before that you shouldn't put the bump steer kit on a standard car with standard roll center.
Pure also advise that it is not suitable for standard cars without the new EE brackets.

I suppose they are trying to keep the steering arm "parallel" to the bottom arm? If the roll center correction is 20mm, it makes sense as the bump steer kit is ~20mm as well

Can't edit the above, but just read the pinder wagon post and it says that the roll center correction might not be (probably wont be) the same as the bump steer correction

I never meant "only correct bump steer" I meant it would make the bigger difference.

Also don't forget the kits are made for the cup racer cars, so the 20mm difference was what was sufficient for those cars (seeing as most people will run the same heights or close enough, that correction should be fine).

Also Nige (Pinder) is correcting his MK2 Golf which is quite different from Clio, totally different knuckle and lower arm design etc.

For my E36 the bump steer correction kits have different sized spacers for different heights for the track rod end (aka different bump steer correction). Again a totally different knuckle design, steering mounting points etc.

I never meant "only correct bump steer" I meant it would make the bigger difference.

Also don't forget the kits are made for the cup racer cars, so the 20mm difference was what was sufficient for those cars (seeing as most people will run the same heights or close enough, that correction should be fine).

Also Nige (Pinder) is correcting his MK2 Golf which is quite different from Clio, totally different knuckle and lower arm design etc.

For my E36 the bump steer correction kits have different sized spacers for different heights for the track rod end (aka different bump steer correction). Again a totally different knuckle design, steering mounting points etc.
Wasn’t getting at you soz

Just sounded like thats what you meant and wanted to clear up that its not suitable for standard cars that are lowered. Incase others also thought the same.

I’m well aware that the clio hub setup is different than most which is why I like them, but what I said about rollcenter correction not always matching bump steer correction was me correcting my own comment lol and probably still holds true for the clio hub setup

For anyone interested, i think that pinderwagon link is well worth a read and also the linked bump steer post from within that