Pure Motorsport exhaust

N0ddie

Platinum Member
Has anyone ran a full engine back (Manifold, sports cat or decat, rear section) system on here?

With a sports cat and everything else listed above it still comes in cheaper than the Akra which I've ran on my 2 previous AG 200s.

Not many vids/reports kicking about though.

I know of a guy who's running a ktec manifold with the rest being PMS (can't imagine sound changing too much between manifolds) & he said it is loud. But he said he got 89db static at Combe and Donny, so it passed track limits

But it's meant to be quite boomy/droney

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Yeah. I think I'd go down the manifold+sports cat+silencer+rear section to help with the drone a bit. The garage that do the work on had a full K-tech engine back system in and said it sounded amasing.

Yeah. I think I'd go down the manifold+sports cat+silencer+rear section to help with the drone a bit. The garage that do the work on had a full K-tech engine back system in and said it sounded amasing.

This I can confirm as they tried to get me to buy one.

I just repaired my Flexi instead

I am having my PMS manifold (been in the garage for a year) fitted along with a custom resonated TIG welded exhaust with sports cat at the end of April. Can provide feedback when done! whole lot including labour will end up only costing slightly more than an Akra cat back.

Reactions: N0ddie
Running a toyosport mani the pms exhaust had both centre box and non res get constant 83db at tracks.

I have the full PMS system from the engine back. Great sounding exhaust. My car is now 210bhp with other supporting mods.

I am having my PMS manifold (been in the garage for a year) fitted along with a custom resonated TIG welded exhaust with sports cat at the end of April. Can provide feedback when done! whole lot including labour will end up only costing slightly more than an Akra cat back.
Any update on the setup? How is it for the road?

I have the full PMS system from the engine back. Great sounding exhaust. My car is now 210bhp with other supporting mods.
I am thinking to get the manifold one my flexis or the manifold goes, to go with my Akra evo system. I wonder how loud that will be?

Reactions: Beany
Any update on the setup? How is it for the road?

For me the set up is a tad too loud for the road. I thought that with a sports cat and 2 silencers it would be quieter than it is. However, it is not too bad on cold start and the car will happily sit at 70 with very little drone. As soon as you floor it though it makes a serious noise. A very nice one, but a lot of it. makes overtaking a bit too dramatic for my liking.

One thing that surprised me was a very noticeable performance improvement over 4.5k, even without mapping. My car was due a cam belt so it’s currently in for that, along with cams and a map to bring everything together performance wise.

the chap that fitted the PMS manifold a build the exhaust, Martin at Black Cat Motorsport, did an excellent job, it is a thing of beauty. To be honest I doubt it would be much quieter with an Arka so I’m glad I went the route I did. the amount of money I saved pays for the cams/mapping is it’s not that much over the cost of a regular cam belt change.

Reactions: bedoef
Good shout. Basically, with my Akra the car no longer can do daily duty it sounds. Something to keep in mind, I will have to shop for another DD once I upgrade the manifold :smile: