Pulled by the police

I've never been pulled in the 4 1/2 years I've been driving but almost did today. Came down a single carriageway down to a roundabout and headed straight on to a small dual carriageway which is uphill. There was nothing on it so gave it a bootful and accelerated hard up to 60mph. Got about 3/4's of the way up and I spotted the local Civic Type-S unmarked cop car with all it's lights flashing. Being a diesel (Fabia vRS) he must have spotted the cloud of derv smoke behind me. All diesels do this when accelerating hard. He must have instantly thought I was speeding.

Straightaway I thought "Oh S**t!" and managed to get to the top where there's a roundabout so I took the least likely route he'd think I would take (Straight on) and one he couldn't see where I went. I assume he went straight on as I never saw him again. Maybe he was just on a call and it was just coincidence.

Lane discipline
You should always drive in the left-hand lane when the road ahead is clear. If you are overtaking a number of slower-moving vehicles, you should return to the left-hand lane as soon as you are safely past. Slow-moving or speed-restricted vehicles should always remain in the left-hand lane of the carriageway unless overtaking. You MUST NOT drive on the hard shoulder except in an emergency or if directed to do so by the police, HA traffic officers in uniform or by signs.

Police are defo guilty of this one

Scum honestly what difference does a queue make I'd say the fact Ur I'n the wrong lane says it all from word go when I realised it was police I knew he sat there prob having a w*** when I decided to undertake lol
I think that rule is for general driving - and covers things like farmer pricks in their tractors and aerosols with caravans :wink:

This is the one for lane rules on motorways;
Lane discipline
You should always drive in the left-hand lane when the road ahead is clear. If you are overtaking a number of slower-moving vehicles, you should return to the left-hand lane as soon as you are safely past. Slow-moving or speed-restricted vehicles should always remain in the left-hand lane of the carriageway unless overtaking. You MUST NOT drive on the hard shoulder except in an emergency or if directed to do so by the police, HA traffic officers in uniform or by signs.

But we all know the police have different rules

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-police-officers-caught-speeding-let-off.html

Last edited:
Lmao. Yeah yeah in ure dreams lads. Police ...... Different rules........ Nevet

Similar Thread Suggestions