Pulled by the police

no wonder no-one ever gets done for this, if they can't drive properly themselves.
People do get done for it - but it's very rare.

Probably too difficult to prove and therefore wouldn't generate enough cash to make it worth the police time !

Speeders are a much easier target.

Let's get to the important piece of information though - Get anything nice from Asda?!

Haha, I kid. I'll be honest, I've done it once or twice in my three and a half years of driving but it's normally because I'm annoyed at there lack of driving skill not because I need to get somewhere quick. I understand it's wrong and against the law, I took these things into consideration when I did it. Now I pull right over into the outside lane, overtake legally, and swoop back in.

Worst thing I ever did was on a motorway, the traffic was solid for 3/4 of a mile up to the next exit (which was services), I was in the inside lane and pulled out onto the hard shoulder and drove down to the next exit.

It wasn't until my father explained how dangerous it was especially if someone would have had to pull out for whatever reason. Silly of me, but I learnt my lesson. Luckily no police involved in that one.

Which lends me to this question - how many people here have been pulled over by the police? I drive at night quite a bit, my first car was a 1990 Nissan Micra, second a 2008 Toyota Aygo and my current car is a 2010 Toyota Yaris, I drive sensibly (most the time) and have never been pulled over. Is this due to my car, or lack of four lads in the passanger seats?

My little sister has been pulled over numerous times in her 1991 Ford Fiesta (always full of people) but never accused of speeding/driving without due care and attention - no - they're always just check ups.

Luck of the draw.

Last edited:
how many people here have been pulled over by the police? I drive at night quite a bit, my first car was a 1990 Nissan Micra, second a 2008 Toyota Aygo and my current car is a 2010 Toyota Yaris, I drive sensibly (most the time) and have never been pulled over. Is this due to my car, or lack of four lads in the passanger seats?
Are you Black ?

Thought not :wink:

Are you Black ?

Can't really use that as an excuse/reason for being pulled!!! Unless you live in Georgia. ;/

A mate of mine is of the Asian persuasion and always used to tints his windows to the extreme. First a Fiesta, then a Punto and lastly a Prelude. I don't know why he used to bother because he used to get pulled left right and centre and there was no way it had anything to do with creed/colour because there's no chance in hell the Police could even see him!!! His current car, a Saxo VTR is low as f*** and loud as f*** and doesn't have tints. He drives it like a d*** because ''it's just his toy whilst he saves up'' but has never been pulled once in this despite living in a less than picturesque part of Old Trafford.

Saying you're more likely to get pulled because of what colour you may be is b*******. I drive from Altrincham to Trafford Park at 0315 Mon-Fri, twice a week in the Clio and thrice a week in a '10 plate Impreza. The stretch of road I use is the main road into Manchester and as such has a fair Police presence at that time in the morning, I see at least 3 Police cars everyday. I've not been pulled once. For what it's worth, I'm white.

Telling me a white kid (young looking at that), driving £8k-25k worth of Clio/Impreza through Stretford and Old Trafford (predomenantly Black/Asian neighbourhoods) in the early hours doesn't look as suspicious as anything else!?!

Last edited:
Can't really use that as an excuse/reason for being pulled!!! Unless you live in Georgia. ;/

A mate of mine is of the Asian persuasion and always used to tints his windows to the extreme. First a Fiesta, then a Punto and lastly a Prelude. I don't know why he used to bother because he used to get pulled left right and centre and there was no way it had anything to do with creed/colour because there's no chance in hell the Police could even see him!!! His current car, a Saxo VTR is low as f*** and doesn't have tints. He drives like a d*** but has never been pulled once in this.
I used to work in Westminster and every day for 3 years I walked along the Vauxhall bridge road.

Pretty much every day I would see the police having stopped a car that was being driven by a black guy.

Probably just a co-incidence.

Edited my last one as you were typing I think...

I'd like to think so there's no racism or very little racism in the Police to be honest. I can't comment on anywhere else but I know in Manchester it isn't really an issue.

I remember reading that a while back :smile:

Doesn't necessarily mean there's institutionalised racism there though does it?

It doesn't really give a true ''result'' as the ratio of black/asian/white/oriental people might be vastly different in any given area. Results like this can always be manipulated to mean whatever the reporter wants them to... I'd say the number of white people in this country involved in crime etc. would far exceed the number of black and asian people purely because there's a higher number of white people!!! But, most cities have areas where one ethnic group seem to be prominent and so the figures are always going to be biased depending on whatever area they're taken from, there's too many variables.

If you stopped 100 people around here, probably only about 5 of them would be black and maybe the same amount oriental with probably about 15 asians. That wouldn't mean the police were targeting white people would it?

:smile:

glad they are......stopping and searching.....remember the bombings!!!!

+1.

At the risk of sounding all ''White Power''.

Sorry, but we don't have Catholic Fundamentalists do we, at least not in England.

Last edited:
glad they are......stopping and searching.....remember the bombings!!!!
yep

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/845541-police-stop-and-search-lead-to-no-arrests-for-terrorism

They (MI5) were following two (at least) of the 7/7 bombers before they committed their crimes.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/may/11/july7.uksecurity

so 100,000 members of public get their collars felt while they don't bother following up on real terrorists.

Intelligence led policing my arse !

Are you Black ?

Correct, not that it matters as funnily enough my sister isn't black either yet she, as mentioned before, has been pulled over numerous times.

There are racist cops everywhere you know, they're not branded when they enter the police force, some can think for themselves.

Watch this space, I may get pulled more in the Clio 200.

Highway Code:
Do not hold up a long queue of traffic, especially if you are driving a large or slow-moving vehicle. Check your mirrors frequently, and if necessary, pull in where it is safe and let traffic pass.

Police in violation of this surely?

They would get out of it by saying it wasn't a long queue. Its not fair though, one rule for some of them, another for us

Highway Code:
Do not hold up a long queue of traffic, especially if you are driving a large or slow-moving vehicle. Check your mirrors frequently, and if necessary, pull in where it is safe and let traffic pass.

Police in violation of this surely?

Scum honestly what difference does a queue make I'd say the fact Ur I'n the wrong lane says it all from word go when I realised it was police I knew he sat there prob having a w*** when I decided to undertake lol

Similar Thread Suggestions