Pulled by the police

Driving up a long dual caradgeway blue focus infront sitting on outside lane one of my pet hates give him atleast 30 secs to pull over but not for budging so I dropped to 3rd went along side shook my head and carried on till the beautiful green change light threw a few roundabouts already kinda sus as it was doing it's best to keep up with the speed Limit :tongueout:
So I Potters I'n to asda carpark where they pulled me and tell me to sit in back basically said I was doing way over 60 I'n a 50 which I denied but admitted undertaking as there was no reson for him hogging it, the female officer asked how I'll afford my insurance with 3 points at which point am passed pissed off and said I used to have 8 and managed fine so Itl be ok to which She didn't look happy
Rant over they couldn't prove much so just a horty to show insurance ect.

Denied speeding admitted undertaking soley on the fact that i said he shouldn't have been there they gave the usuall rant at end if they were traffic it would be alot different outcome ect.

People sitting in the righthand lane seems to be becoming a much more common thing and it annoys the hell out of me. I have to sit behind them in the van and wait untill some traffic or traffic lights before I can legally 'undertake' them. They are usually turning right somewhere, usually about 10 miles further up the road!

Had it earlier for like 2 miles woman in right hand lane completely oblivious to any other cars, fools.

Highway code states soemthing along the lines of if the right lane is traveling slower than the left lane then you may pass on the left.

Well you were lucky then. Any traffic officer wants to correct me; if given the verbal caution, they could have chosen to prosecute for you for careless driving. "Any thing you say may be given in evidence against you..." You would have affectively convicted yourself.

Don't dig a hole for yourself next time :wink:

Highway code states soemthing along the lines of if the right lane is traveling slower than the left lane then you may pass on the left.

only if the lanes are going in a different direction mate, or a slip road for example.
not just a normal road...

stu.

Lucky, there are certain types of cars I will not play with (suspicious unmarked cars)

Highway code,
only overtake on the left if the vehicle in front is signalling to turn right, and there is room to do so
stay in your lane if traffic is moving slowly in queues. If the queue on your right is moving more slowly than you are, you may pass on the left

Ye, undertaking is only legal if there is traffic on the road. IE, moving much slower then the speed limit and heavy traffic flow.

Pet hate of mine too mate, lane hoggers.

Driving upto Rochdale at 0800 last Saturday and some gimp in a Hyundai Accent was just sat in the middle lane of the M60 doing about 60MPH. Nothing in the outside lane at all, nowhere near a junction either so it's not like he'd moved over to let somebody on. Didn't effect me like, I just passed him in the fast lane and moved back over to outside lane, but the pointlessness of it annoyed me somewhat.

Sounds like you got lucky though, I'm sure some coppers wouldn't have been so leniant.

only if the lanes are going in a different direction mate, or a slip road for example.
not just a normal road...

stu.

I think its technically ok to undertake if your lane is travelling faster than the next lane. It however you pull to the left, drive past and then chop back in, it's a naughty one.

I know what you mean about the whole "get out of the way" thing though - I do 65 odd miles a day and its a pet hate.

If you were in the inside lane doing the speed limit and sone tool is going slow in the right lane you are well within your rights to maintain your speed.

However getting pissed off and moving lanes is illegal.

Sadly this country does not punish people driving in the wrong lane.

The official rule:

Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right. Do not weave in and out of lanes to overtake.

I will flat refuse to pull from lane one into lane 3 to overtake some tool in the middle doing 58mph. If I have enough room to be in lane 1 others do too. The outer two lanes are overtaking lanes, if you aren't overtaking you shouldn't be in it.

Similar Thread Suggestions