Pulled by the police

so I dropped to 3rd went along side shook my head and carried on till the beautiful green change light

I was doing way over 60 I'n a 50 which I denied but admitted undertaking

And what speed is the car doing when it wants you to change up to 4th?

It's all right coming on a forum and having a go at the police because they accused you of driving like a ***** but couldn't prove it.

If you weren't driving like a *****....... Sadly this doesn't appear to be the case.

With a bit of luck next time they'll be able to prove it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmmm traffic police or response pulled u over? I will tell u now undertaking is in no circumstance "legal" its actually classed as "driving without due care n attention" or "careless driving" this can be 6 points so u got off lightly. A few words of advice dont undertake cus the other driver doesnt neccesarily know ure there and often pulls in. Keep ure distance and wait for them to move over. Was u in that much of a rush to do ure shopping?

I will flat refuse to pull from lane one into lane 3 to overtake some tool in the middle doing 58mph. If I have enough room to be in lane 1 others do too. The outer two lanes are overtaking lanes, if you aren't overtaking you shouldn't be in it.

I did think about doing that, but thought I'd be a smart arse instead and use the lanes to the letter of the law. :smiley:

Undertaking is a big no no. I may sound like the grinch but is it really worth it?

Waiting behind a slow mover may cost you time but doing what the OP did may cost you your car, your license or worse you're life.

Last edited:
jessus obv I broke the law but all I was saying is if he kindly moved over and did not sit in the wrong lane even when I could see him spot me in his mirror but decides to hog the outside lane then I could have went about my busy days shopping :tongueout:

Nearly every driver is guilty of this, you're hardly going to wait behind them for 20 odd minutes when the left lane is completely empty. Slip a gear and safely pass making sure he/she is aware of you're presence.

Driving in the right lane whilst the left is empty is against the highway code as is undertaking. 2 wrongs sometimes make a right.

I have an uzi with a full clip on the passenger seat to deal with these lane hoggers. Why flash them, when you can blow them off the road. Also helps with focus rs drivers who think they are some kind of f1 driver. lol

Hmmmmm traffic police or response pulled u over? I will tell u now undertaking is in no circumstance "legal" its actually classed as "driving without due care n attention" or "careless driving" this can be 6 points so u got off lightly. A few words of advice dont undertake cus the other driver doesnt neccesarily know ure there and often pulls in. Keep ure distance and wait for them to move over. Was u in that much of a rush to do ure shopping?

When I did my IAM test we had tuition from a police instructor. Similar situation occured when I was on my test! I anticipated the fact that the driver was staying in lane two so I made a long flash and held back to let him move over. Instructor seemed quite happy with my action but told me that on a three lane motorway you should pass in lane three and press on without antagonising the other driver

Last edited:
Some people just don't look behind themselves, a quick flash and they'll move over.

However if you drive in manchester it seems everyone sticks to the right.......

To be honest, if you get caught don't blame the police for doing their job.

what an amazing attitude - don't antagonise the other driver, who is managing to antagonise everyone else by being a lazy TW@ sitting in the middle lane.
if there is nothing to overtake, pull in, irrelevent of lane. it's soooooooo easy!!

what an amazing attitude - don't antagonise the other driver, who is managing to antagonise everyone else by being a lazy TW@ sitting in the middle lane.
if there is nothing to overtake, pull in, irrelevent of lane. it's soooooooo easy!!
What would you do ? - sit up their ar$e flashing your lights and getting all hot under the collar.

If you can overtake in lane 3 - just overtake in lane 3.

Then pull back in front - slam on the anchors and beat the hogging tw@t up :smiley:

don't sit up their arse - they won't get the full effect of my HID's. don't flash, just main beam them mate. certainly don't get hot under the collar.

keep it clean guys

but know how you feel

when i go to the girlfriends i filter off left on to the a64 and its 1 lane goes in to 2 lanes.....funny how most of the cars just sit in the outside lane!

me i keep left and if for any reason i happen to be going slightly faster then they are.....well i "overtake"

Similar Thread Suggestions