Pug 206 GTI180

Driving home then with Craig_B one of these came flying out in front of us on a roundabout, so I began to pursue.... He was about 200m in front, then at the roundabout I caught him up, onto the nice bit of duelly, I was always pulling on him but I must say he was going very well, I only really pulled away from him when I got into 5th. Then another massive roundabout(there's loads around by me) and in fairness the clio flew around it and I pulled out of site of his one headlight.... French see haha :001_rolleyes: anyway me and Craig agreed the lesson was taught so I eased of to normal conditions, anyway the 206,eventually, catches up and over takes me on a single road with me in 6th doing 40mph! Why?!?
Anywhoo thought id share my evenings events with you guys as it involved my clio lol

They arnt to bad cars.. I had one for a little while.. Just a shame they are peugeot!

Hope your evenings events were all carried out at the speed limits!

It's a shame Peugeot lost the plot really, they used to be quite good at the old hot-hatch game.

Me and a friends swapped for a while he had my 106 GTi and I had his 180 they are really nice cars got alot of time for them they just never reached to be popular in the hot hatch category.
I think this 208 GTi there releasing will be alot more popular tbh theyve put as much focus into it as when they launched the 205 GTi but only time will tell.

There is times I do miss my 106 GTi though :worried:

Hmmm but will it handle as well as the RS and will the THP engine still have problems ie timing chains stretching ??? I could wait for the new 208 GTI but I've ordered a New RS for March, heard it all before from Peugeot 206 138, 180 then the 207 THP GTI all meant to be the next 205 again, them days are gone.

Oh and I work for Peugeot have done for over 12 years .:smiley::smiley:

I got a fright the other day by what I thought was a toyota Corolla TS. He stuck with and eventually overtook my on a dual carriage way. Only when I caught up at the next set of lights did I see the badge. The compressor version. I was very close to buying the TS as it should be bullet proof.

HAHA I had also a 106 GTI before the Clio...Bilstein, Schrick Cams, Supersprint, so on.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7_1Pw87aYY&feature=channel

First after selling it I was also looking for a 206RC, and at this time the ONLY WHITE ONE ever sold in Austria was for sale in the www. Only 40k kilometers, and in perfect shape !
reeeeaaaaally hard decision between RC and Clio, I like both, RC has more the sleeper look, but I had to go with the fat ass Clio with this suspension, Brembos,... :oops: