Is a 197/200 quicker than a Pug 208 Gti?

Alright guys, im currently running a pug 208 gti 2013, its not quite the 205gti is was promised to be but its ok. Anyway i spotted a nice 2010 rs200 with ktec catback exhaust and manifold, IGn induction Kit and a Ktec custom Map, im seriously considering picking it up but what im wondering which of these two will be quicker, excelerating, cornering ect Can anybody help me out please? cheers Greg

On paper, no. Slower 0-60 times, slower top speed, so if you want to do traffic light grand prix' then stick with what you have. If you like track driving or b roads blasts then get the 200, it will keep up with my higher powered cars due to the handling. You can really throw these into corners.

Plus the 200 will make you smile when you open up the garage door in the mornings. And look back admiringly when you've just parked up.

I have no idea how capable the 208 is. No great looker in my eyes though. And aesthetics are so much for me........

Good luck whatever you do. Enjoy :smile:

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Traffic grand prix lol @skxa
I prefer the 200 all the way !
I drove the pug 208 gti it was nice but the clio felt more "proper handling car"
And sounded better .
Thats my opinion but you definitely should test one of the clios to compare the two.

Once again clio FTW!
Good luck

"quicker" is open to your own interpretation.

Let me say this, I've driven lots of very nice and very quick cars and there are very few that can put a smile on your face and give you top level thrills like a Clio. Quicker is subjective, depends what you want out of it. But driving experience wise, it's very hard to beat.

As for how quick is it A to B, this is a good demonstration:

Bear in mind that's an RS not and ST and it's not some no mark twerp with a go pro, it's an Autocar review and Sutcliffe knows what he's on about.

They're a bit low spec inside but who cares when they look amazing and knock your socks off when you're properly pressing on.

Ok, it depends what you want. Pug is probably quicker & is also my favourite of the current crop of junior hot hatches. But! The Clio in mk3 (normally aspirated) guise is an absolute hoot! You need to rev it to get performance, but that's the fun, plus the chassis is divine! Decide what is most important to you, chassis performance or instant grunt.

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Alright guys, im currently running a pug 208 gti 2013, its not quite the 205gti is was promised to be but its ok. Anyway i spotted a nice 2010 rs200 with ktec catback exhaust and manifold, IGn induction Kit and a Ktec custom Map, im seriously considering picking it up but what im wondering which of these two will be quicker, excelerating, cornering ect Can anybody help me out please? cheers Greg

Is it black? If so it's probably my old car when I traded it in for a Megane 250.