Project threads - apreciate the work that goes in ?

Project threads do you . .

• Look then comment if only a nice one or looks good type post

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • Look and don't comment

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Don't look

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

A2ON

Platinum Member
Interested in peoples thoughts on project threads . . .

This is why

If people post something in their project threads they seem to get a few comments if they are lucky which is a shame for people who pro actively update threads to keep people up to date .

However

If the same update ( i.e new wheels ) in a separate thread in the forum in a random section then it gets loads of views and comments . . .

why is this . . .

Trouble with project threads is first you got to understand what the hell there on about for example you do something like change colour of wheels colour of the brakes you can comment on but when it comes to engine bits and things like that we are lost so can't comment

I've noticed this too! On my previous forum everyone would comment on your update saying whether they liked it or not etc but on here like you said, you get one or two if you are lucky

I think it depends on the project, supercharged, meg conversion etc then yes people are going to comment. However, a debadge here and a wheel refurb there..... It's all been done before, so people aren't interested!

Project threads are my favorite part of the forum tbh.

I always try and comment, regardless of how "little" the update is.

Project threads are my favorite part of the forum tbh.

I always try and comment, regardless of how "little" the update is.

This . . IMO so much effort goes into running these threads every little comment i get i think yay peeps are looking and rather than just looking a nice one , well done , looks good / bad etc takes ten secs but would encourage more people to do more .. .

i tend to read progress threads and only comment if i see something dangerous or if i have a question regarding what they have done. i don't really see the point of "oh thats nice or that looks sh*%" posts. i see progress threads more of an online diary for your car.

i tend to read progress threads and only comment if i see something dangerous or if i have a question regarding what they have done. i don't really see the point of "oh thats nice or that looks sh*%" posts. i see progress threads more of an online diary for your car.

You got a progress thread?

I see your list of mods. Would be nice to stick a thread up tbh.

You got a progress thread?

I see your list of mods. Would be nice to stick a thread up tbh.

This . . . . ^^^ get a thread up :coffee:

I love reading project threads :smile:
i do try to comment on most but may not always.

I even read them on other forums lol.

I love reading project threads :smile:
i do try to comment on most but may not always.

I even read them on other forums lol.

+1.

Twingo, Type-R, Impreza (USA, couple of different ones), Pistonheads and Build Threads to name my regular haunts. I like to see what's going on in other scenes etc., expands the old knowledge base and I find it can often inspire oneself to look at things differently or you can end up stumbling across some interesting links.

I also have my (our) own little forum too where ideas and threads get thrown around between a few close friends, most of which have different cars and most of which work in science/avionics/motorsport/engineering sectors so it's a little treasure chest really in terms of knowledge and it's a place where there is no such thing as a stupid question.

I always comment if/when I see something I particularly like or I see something new/original. I tend to avoid negative comments in project threads unless it's something that has really offended my eyes/taste. :smile:

I always look if there is an update but I am one of the guilty ones that dont always comment unless i see something that really takes my eye.

The project threads are some of the most interesting threads on here and its good to see what people are upto, its also nice to see something new or different like Litchy's and Raider Lew's.

Good and bad comments are always welcome as it is good to get a balanced viewpoint and fortuntely people dont get flammed on this forum just because something is different, I can think of one forum where if you havnt got the car slammed and on turinis then you are flammed to death.

Maybe we could have a Project/car of the month, that may inspire people to keep their project posts upto date.

On every car forum I've ever been on, I've always loved looking at progress blogs to see what other people do to their cars. Some mods I love and other I hate but everyone has their own tastes which is what makes the blogs so interesting.

When I was on 106owners, I used to update regular with what I had done to the car whether it was just giving it a service to dramatically changing its image with 'in progress' pictures.

Must say I don't take as much interest in them on this forum up until recently where I've decided that I want to do stuff with my car. But as with every forum the blogs are usually popular/unpopular dependent on the car and person.

Its usually a case of someone who is well known on the forum well get more views and replies whereas someone who's fairly new won't get the same sort of reception but that's just the case and shouldn't scare people from having one.

I enjoy reading the progress threads but don't allways reply to them.

I like to keep one so i can see my own progress.

It does'nt happen on here but i hate it when people get upset when someone else does not like whats been done, you really should not post on a public forum if you can't take the bad bits.

On an integrale forum i go on they have two seperate parts to progress threads, one were just the owner updates it so all you see is the progress and then another were you can talk about the progress, saves the threads getting out of hand.

To be honest, I look through most project threads. Like willis I look through them on loads of other forums too, Driftworks, mx5nutz, SXOC etc. and love looking through blogs like speedhunters. But I don't post too often, mostly because I've nothing of value to add. I don't think it helps that there arnt that many lairy builds on here (the real juice ones you spend hours reading every page of).

I think someone summed it up perfectly, it's more like a car diary, endless pages of "nice wheels", "cool stickers" etc just makes them messy and hard to read.