Project R27R lol

if you want the real R26.R look you need a set of discs and it just so happens I can machine some up for you :wink:

R26R-1.jpg

Quick Q Rich - are they just standard discs that you are able to machine then? No possible issues with failure along the grooves?

Quick Q Rich - are they just standard discs that you are able to machine then? No possible issues with failure along the grooves?

Basically yes they are standard Renault discs that are machined which is what the discs are on the r26r. It's just that Renault charge a lot more for them. On the fracturing point I have done several sets now and not had a problem and some discs have gone on cars that have hard drivers lol. I can cut any groove u want but I can not gaurantee the discs won't crack that's why I won't supply cheap discs to anyone

Cheers for the response Rich, they are very good! I completely understand you arent going to guarantee them yourself, I was just wondering if there had been ant issues. Might have to look into this myself! How much £££ would we be looking at?

I'd do them with that groove pattern, as said before genuine Renault discs for £165 fir the pair. That includes delivery.

I've not had any problems so far mate :smile: I'm gonna get a new set of front discs for the 182 and groove them R26R style :smile:

Right been busy the last few days, recieved my cage and have been busy cleaning it and rubbing it down ready for painting, have toyed with a few colours but have now decided, its abit different and not the obvious choice that i would make but i have thought about it and think it will look the business so well soon see, starting the painting tomorrow will put pics up once its in the car.

few clues of the colours ive toyed with for the cage, ive toyed with Blue, Gloss black, Red, Orange, Yellow and silver. like i said it wasnt the obvius choice i wouldve gone for a friend of mine sugested it and i thought mmm yea might work,

Dont rub down the paint too get a Key mate its a waste of time and effort !

Get some Nitromors paint stripper, a 50p brush & medium grade steel wool.
If you've never used nitromors before don't brush it on 'stipple' it on it works much better :wink:

It'll give you a much better finish, wet sand (320 grit) the primer your using then put the finish on. Wet sand any other rough part in-between coats but not the full thing as theres no need.

Have a look at mine,
http://clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2261

If you've never used nitromors before don't brush it on 'stipple' it on it works much better :wink:

It'll give you a much better finish, wet sand (320 grit) the primer your using then put the finish on. Wet sand any other rough part in-between coats but not the full thing as theres no need.

Have a look at mine,

Thanks for the info mate its all done now tho just got to paint it, :tongue_smilie:

Have a look at mine,

Gutted, wish I had done that lol!

Right my cage has now had 2x colours put on it, 1st tried it yellow, got it finished was all looking good, was about to put it in and looked at it and thought "i dont like it" lol so out came the paint stripper and back to the metal it went, so primed it back up then painted it again in gloss black thought i go a little more subtle, got it finished and looked at it a thought "too plain" so out came the paint stripper again, ive now prepped it all and sent it down to the bodyshop to have it done in racing blue paint code j45, lol will actually get the cage in one day, by the time it goes in itll be coming out again for the arrival of mine and the wifes 1st baby which is due in november then itll be goin back to, a 4 seater again lol

Think you should have went for a red cage. I reckon an RB one will look too plain as the car is already that colour.

the car is in albi blue, was think red but didnt want too many colours in me car, plus once little one is her im going to sell me cage so blue will prob b easier to sell,