Private Reg

Been looking at getting a private reg for my gw200. My initials are SAA so I've been thinking of R200 SAA as I've seen way too many CL10 plates. What you guys think?

not a big fan of private plates tbh..like to know how old the car is...but if i was going to get one mine would say." Pav " :biggrin::biggrin:

I always think that it's one of these things you either love, or hate (private regs that is). Just another way to customise / personalise your car. I've had mine for over 20 years now and on God knows how many different motors.

PS. Rather like reg plates themselves. Now is anyone really going to notice (besides me), that I've got a yellow border on my plates (to match the cars colour)... or the fact that it says "Renaultsport" at the bottom of the plate. Yet another one of "those" things we do :001_rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sounds good to me bud. Personally I think you should just go for what you like & not worry about what others think. You don't like "Cl10" plates but I have just put CL10 JON on my 200 yesterday & I think it looks great. That's all that matters to me. Go for it!

I am a fan of personal plates. It's a bit different in Northern Ireland though with our plates being a different format to England, ie ABZ 1234 etc. So over here, the less numbers in the plate the more it's worth!

I would like something along the lines of EDZ 88 or similar :smile:.

I think private reg plates are great, had mine for 12 years. What I would say though is get it personal to you and not the car because you'll have a different car one day and then it's just wasted.

I think private reg plates are great, had mine for 12 years. What I would say though is get it personal to you and not the car because you'll have a different car one day and then it's just wasted.
I do take your point & thought about my plate before I bought it, but as I intend to keep the Clio for a while I think my plate is worth having. I think it looks good on the car. Bottom line is I like it so for me it's worth having. I'll sell it before I change the car, but that's a while away yet. Fortunately for me John is a common name so hopefully there'll always be a buyer (unless Renault drop the Clio name long before I am ready to sell the plate).