Powerflex bushes & engine mounts

Is there a possibility of a 22mm (Clio Cup Racer) ARB bushes?
[MENTION=58]Raptor6767[/MENTION] Powerflex don't do one for the Clio but they do do a universal 22mm bush..

The Universal 22mm one -----------------------The Clio 20.5mm one
resize_image.php?image=PF99-307.jpg resize_image.php?image=PFF60-803-20.5.jpg

Not sure if it is suitable though Rene as you can see its not as heavy duty

The black ones are much tougher and designed for race use. The vibrations will be very strong and on anything other than a smooth circuit they will be killers.

Initially I intended to purchase set of standard Powerflex bushes for engine (becouse of vibrations) and set of black series bushes for the front arms and rear beam (in order to get the best handling response), but maybe it will be better to order standard Powerflex bushes for whole car, if you think the black series is to firm for everyday driving and occasional tracking. Actually, I have standard cup suspension, but I am going to switch to KW V3/Clusport or similar level coilovers soon.

Initially I intended to purchase set of standard Powerflex bushes for engine (becouse of vibrations) and set of black series bushes for the front arms and rear beam (in order to get the best handling response), but maybe it will be better to order standard Powerflex bushes for whole car, if you think the black series is to firm for everyday driving and occasional tracking. Actually, I have standard cup suspension, but I am going to switch to KW V3/Clusport or similar level coilovers soon.

The std ones would be best for road use. The black ones are harsh.

If you are getting KW Clubsports then you wouldn't need the camber adjustable bushes as the Clubsports come with camber top mounts.

If you pm me with what you want then I can do you a pack price at a great price. Can also supply the KW's :smile:

[MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION]

The rear ones (with anti lift and caster adjustments) give more 6 degrees of caster or up to 6degrees?

For example, on the alignment sheet my car got 5°04' (left wheel) and 5°48' (right wheel) of caster but the factory values are between 4°59' and 6°17'.

@Fernandez

The rear ones (with anti lift and caster adjustments) give more 6 degrees of caster or up to 6degrees?

For example, on the alignment sheet my car got 5°04' (left wheel) and 5°48' (right wheel) of caster but the factory values are between 4°59' and 6°17'.

They are marked as 6° maximum but ours are around 6°08 anymore and we'd be rubbing on the arches. We had to raise the coilovers by 4mm to provide adequate clearance but ride height was extremely low to begin with.

The do make a noticeable difference.

Tanks for the reply :wink:

So it's up to 6°... Changing the oem and put the powerflex ones on maximun option (like instrutions) should be around 6°.

Has anyone done the rear beam bushes yet and if so what are your thoughts on them? Car feel, rear steer, NVH changes?
Cheers.

with all bushes installed the ride is now noticeably harder especially when driving on British pot holed B roads.

The trade of however is a massive improvement in handling and stability. In acceleration their is virtually no lift and no dive when braking. In cornering the car is flat with almost no body roll.

In all honesty if you are using the car as a family run about your missus and kids will hate you after a while. If the car is your toy and goes on track then fitting these will turn you into a hero :smile:

Last edited:
Got all 3 engine mounts and just had front arm bushes done, quite a difference before/after....+ front upper strut and rear ARB....car now corners flat and noticed Very little lift on acceleration!! All thanks to Angel/cazan for supplying.....definitely recommend!!

Got all 3 engine mounts and just had front arm bushes done, quite a difference before/after....+ front upper strut and rear ARB....car now corners flat and noticed Very little lift on acceleration!! All thanks to Angel/cazan for supplying.....definitely recommend!!

Cheers woody, fantastic upgrade and for such little cost, appreciate you have to pay labour to fit but the benefits are massive.

I've been lurking around for a little while now and have been bitten by the bug again.

Had the three engine mounts fitted today and there is a big difference to the way the car handles. Just hoping that the vibration settles down a little as right now it's annoying me slightly! Great when gunning it though.