Powerflex bushes & engine mounts

Right then.
My mounts arrived today and I ran out and fitted the upper torque mount insert straight away! :smiley:

No real difference in vibrations, maybe 10%, will update when I've fitted the lower mount too. They are very shiny and look cool. which just makes the rest of my engine bay look poo!.. only downside really.

Really impressed on the road, I think my upper torque mount was particularly bad as I had a fair bit of engine movement when changing gear and coming off throttle.
Not anymore! I reckon 60% less movement, no more rocking either, much better. Can't wait to fit the lower mount inserts now.
I reckon these new Proflex inserts are the latest 'Must Have' for the 197/ 200. Awesome value too.

Thanks [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] and thanks for the sweeties! :lol:

I've made a little How To for the torque mount Here

Glad you like them, and great to hear they have made a positive difference.

....and I like to give a little extra :wink:

e4e2anub.jpguvyby5un.jpg
So they're all fitted and what a difference! The amount of vibration in the pedals and steering wheel has increased but not to the point that it's unbearable, can't comment on comparison with vibratechniks mounts but doubt it's anywhere near that level. Overall extremely happy and for the price who can complain. Fitting was extremely easy IMO with basic tools all three engine inserts can be installed in under 2 hours,

Torque link: 10mm socket for skuttle panel, (so torque link can be removed to fit upper mount) 18mm socket and 18mm spanner, flat driver and hammer
Upper engine mount: 18mm and 17mm socket
Lower engine mount: 10mm socket to remove plastic under tray 18mm and 21mm socket

The vibration should settle once they have bedded in.

When I first fitted the Vibratechnics Group N mounts I thought what the **** have I done as the vibration was awful but after a couple of days they settled in and I don't really notice it.

Ah okay tbh I didn't mind the vibration but then again I only took it for a 5 mile drive, btw should probably add I managed to fit all three mounts without the use of a lift or ramp :smile: did put the front on small stands tho, also supplied grease??? Looked a lot like copperslip to me haha

[MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] - got my items yesterday mate. Thanks very much for the great service and the wee treats lol. :wink: il fit them at weekend and let you know how they are. Cheers

We fitted the lower arm bushes and the anti roll bar bushes today and what a difference. On first driving impressions, turn in is a lot sharper and there is virtually no body roll at all in the corners so the anti roll bar bushes are definitely doing their job.

I had quite a stiff set up with the coilovers and the Ultra Racing braces but these have definitely made a positive improvement on the car on the short test run I completed.

As I had camber adjustable coilovers we fitted the non adjustable from arm bush and the castor adjustable rear bush. When setting the car up we left the coilovers at std camber to get a good feel of what the bushes on their own can do. The anti-lift castor adjustable bush does exactly what it says on the tin, on hard acceleration their is no lift at all from the front end and a marked reduction in dive on hard braking. The Castor adjustment goes up to maximum of 6 degrees, with the std set up being in the early to mid 5's we decided to set it to the maximum 6 and although only a small increase it does make a massive difference to the turn in capabilities of the car.

We are going to further set the car next week with some camber from the coilovers, the common consensus is 1.5 degrees negative camber so we'll see how that goes, the car will be corner weighted at the same time for optimal geo set up so i'll report further on that and on how the car performs as I get chance to test it more.

Now for the fitting, I was going to do a How To guide but it soon become apparent that this is not a DIY job at all and you will need a garage to do it for you. We can provide a fitting service next to Jct 29a M1 if required, the costs are as follows:

• Front and rear bottom arm bushes with full alignment and tracking - £140
  • Front and rear bottom arm bushes and Anti Roll Bar bushes with full alignment and tracking - £200
  • Anti-Roll Bar bushes only - £60

Prices above include VAT but do not include parts.

Fitted the torque and top engine mount this evening. Took about 2 and a half hours in total. Easy to do with basic tools (Socket Set, Spanners, Screwdriver/Pry tool). Reccomend taking off the bottum sump guard and jacking/supporting the engine. This takes any strain off the top mount and helps when removing it and refitting with new bush. All nicked back up to correct torques and jobs a goodun'

Just fitted these (or my mechanic did anyway). Took him all of 40 mins to do all 3 engine ones. More vibrations straight off the bat but hopefully will settle down soon as I've only reversed it out of the garage so far.

We fitted the lower arm bushes and the anti roll bar bushes today and what a difference. On first driving impressions, turn in is a lot sharper and there is virtually no body roll at all in the corners so the anti roll bar bushes are definitely doing their job.

I had quite a stiff set up with the coilovers and the Ultra Racing braces but these have definitely made a positive improvement on the car on the short test run I completed.

As I had camber adjustable coilovers we fitted the non adjustable from arm bush and the castor adjustable rear bush. When setting the car up we left the coilovers at std camber to get a good feel of what the bushes on their own can do. The anti-lift castor adjustable bush does exactly what it says on the tin, on hard acceleration their is no lift at all from the front end and a marked reduction in dive on hard braking. The Castor adjustment goes up to maximum of 6 degrees, with the std set up being in the early to mid 5's we decided to set it to the maximum 6 and although only a small increase it does make a massive difference to the turn in capabilities of the car.

We are going to further set the car next week with some camber from the coilovers, the common consensus is 1.5 degrees negative camber so we'll see how that goes, the car will be corner weighted at the same time for optimal geo set up so i'll report further on that and on how the car performs as I get chance to test it more.

Now for the fitting, I was going to do a How To guide but it soon become apparent that this is not a DIY job at all and you will need a garage to do it for you. We can provide a fitting service next to Jct 29a M1 if required, the costs are as follows:

• Front and rear bottom arm bushes with full alignment and tracking - £140
  • Front and rear bottom arm bushes and Anti Roll Bar bushes with full alignment and tracking - £200
  • Anti-Roll Bar bushes only - £60

Prices above include VAT but do not include parts.

@ Fernandez - who is providing the fitting and alignment mate? Interested as sure my rear bottom arm bushes are shagged.

p.s. Can you do a deal for bottom arm, arb bushes, and engine mounts fitted?

Got the 3 engine mounts fitted yesterday and there's a lot more vibration, no more than when I had vibratechnics ones on my previous cars I would say though. How are people finding they settle in?

Had mine on for over 1200 miles now and the vibration has settled a bit but it's still there, when cold and the choke is on it's still as bad as it was. When warm there's no issues tho jut a slight buzz through the pedals and the mirror shakes slightly :smile: overall no where near as bad as I expected