Powerflex bushes & engine mounts

Came back in to update this - I've posted on a few Powerflex Engine Mount threads but I think this is the main one -

Car went in for a Full Service yesterday and while it was in I had the Upper Engine insert taken out, and the lower engine mount installed. The difference in vibration is HUGE, it was definitely the upper mount causing most, if not all of the vibration in the cabin. I've left the Torque arm powerflex mounts in too so now running with Powerflex Torque arm + lower mounts and then the upper engine insert is just stock/OEM.

As soon as I started the engine I could instantly tell a difference. The steering wheel wasn't vibrating, there was almost no cabin noise at all, and the big advantage, the car seems to drive exactly as it did before, everything is just as tight and responsive, just without the added vibration and cabin noise.

It really is more relaxed/enjoyable on the daily drive now, and I'm sure will be much easier on the ears at motorway speeds!

My recommendation from here on out, is that the upper engine insert is only really worthwhile if you're using the Clio as a track day car. On the road, and daily use, I can't see that it makes enough difference/any difference to bother putting up with the extra vibration/cabin noise.

Reactions: Sibbers and RSBrian
That result is expected. The lower mount and upper torque link restrict the turning movement of the engine (which is the main factor is pick up, gear changes and stopping the Toyo knock) where as the main engine mount is isolating most of the engine vibration.

Did anyone ever get round to fitting the rear beam bushes? Easy/hard job? How long time wise?

Cheers

Paul.

Has anyone fitted the purple poly Arb bushes without having to drop the subframe? I had a quick look at them last time my car was on a ramp looks a right pita to change.

Got all the Powerflex bushes and mounts fitted today at Raw Motorsport, car feels a lot better now, the castor and camber changes make a nice difference. Slight amount of vibration from the engine but no where near as bad as solid mounts have given on other cars I've had over the years.