'Poppy' GW FF 200

Yeah I'm happy with it. When I first bought it (used) it was REALLY loud and quite droney. Not sure if it's quietened down or if I've just got used to it!

If I was to do it again though I think I'd choose to see what a different brand was like; either Milltek or Scorpion etc. I think everyone would love an Akrapovic but imo they cost way too much.

But yeah it's good, pops and bangs sometimes and definitely gives the sound a lot more character compared to standard. I don't go on the motorway much but when I do there is a bit of a drone. Doesn't bother me too much though personally.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm in doubt between the Akra and k-tec. I've been driving for quite some time my mate his 200 with Akrapovic. I thought it was too much in the beginning, but as you say, after a while... I'm just a bit afraid of the droning.

Anyway, first world problems :smile: Looking forward for a review of your tyres as well, we have the same taste for mods :smiley:

What do you think of the Akra then? I've only ever heard good things about them and would have one in a heartbeat if they were priced the same as K-TEC's!

Can't wait to try the AD08R's :smile: just praying it's going to be dry for Saturday. I'll post up my thoughts either way

Indeed, the quality of the system is just awesome, same goes for the sound. Also on the motorway 'ok' if you can keep it on cruise control. But quality has its price :smile:

Yeah that's strange. Did yours have those spiky rubber things on like most tyres do when they're new? Mine didn't. I guess it would be very obvious if they were used? They look brand new at least

Yeah that's strange. Did yours have those spiky rubber things on like most tyres do when they're new? Mine didn't. I guess it would be very obvious if they were used? They look brand new at least

Yeah they did have those spiky rubber things on ha!they look brand new in the pics and have the colour bits on them.
I have had two run outs on mine but i will measure them as the rears should be as new.

Oh great ha. Mine have little bobbles which look like they might be the stub of what used to be the spiky rubbers things! Though they're more noticeable on one than the other. Yeah if you could measure your rears that would be good, cheers :smile:

Just phoned up the company I bought them off, they put me on hold and apparently phoned the factory, turns out depending which size you have the tread should be between 6.3mm & 7mm. The guy also said that the R uses an orange oil compound of rubber which makes them faster & more durable! Interesting stuff.

Just phoned up the company I bought them off, they put me on hold and apparently phoned the factory, turns out depending which size you have the tread should be between 6.3mm & 7mm. The guy also said that the R uses an orange oil compound of rubber which makes them faster & more durable! Interesting stuff.
Or right i was sure mine were 8mm will see tomorrow as i have to take the wheel of to do my callipers,yes i was told about the orange oil compound hope they do last longer than the old ones:thumbup:
they are a great tyre the grip is class.

Well I took the tyres around Rockingham on Saturday and the AD08R's very much impressed me. I can't really compare them to much as it was my first full track day but I have no complaints.

The track was very greasy for the first half of the day and people were sliding everywhere, including me. My friend that I went with actually crashed out on the third corner of the first lap! The track dried out loads after lunch though and everyone got sooo much faster! I went from being one of the fastest cars out there in greasy conditions to being overtaken left right and centre in the dry!

Tyres held up really well though and I don't feel I was pushing them (or the car) to the limits around some of the fast bends. I haven't measured the tread depth but they seem to have held up very well.

Unfortunately I didn't record any of my laps so have had to resort to trying to spot myself on youtube videos, but I keep getting out of everyone's way too quickly so never get to see myself driving! There were a couple of people with cameras there taking pictures, any idea where I'd be likely to find any pictures?

James