'Poppy' GW FF 200

Jamz72

Paid Member
Only a short story so far.. GW FF 200 with cup pack, black speedlines, black roof and Recaros. I picked her up in Feb of this year with 15k miles on the clock and no mods apart from a panel filter fitted by the previous owner.

As she looked after my first week of ownership:

DSC_0297-3.jpg

DSC_0382-3.jpg

I then got myself a KTEC cat-back system (courtesy of member jimpy) and named her Poppy :smile:

IMG_4447.jpg

Next, I got some black badge covers and some red forum stickers to compliment the white/black/red look.

IMG_4426.jpg

IMG_4401.jpg

Finally for now, I got a private plate as a graduation present and de-badged CLIO off the rear.

DSC_0784.jpg

DSC_0790.jpg

DSC_0798.jpg

I am awaiting some used DS2500s (courtesy of member Dan) which I won't stick on straight away as I think my pistons may be sticking, so will sort that out first.

Itching to do some track days in the future as I'm relocating to Stratford Upon Avon next week so will be more central and will hopefully be able to get some cash behind me!

James

Cheers guys, much appreciated!

Welcome fella , i know that old garage from somewhere , nice motor , great pictures

It's somewhere between Porthmadog and Blaenau Ffestiniog I think. Being restored to its former glory by the looks of it last time I passed

James

looks very nice! im after some of them red forum stickers! i have the gold ones now but these picture have swayed me! how do i get them? cheers

alex

looks very nice! im after some of them red forum stickers! i have the gold ones now but these picture have swayed me! how do i get them? cheers

alex

I got them off Roy but I think they might have been the last batch.. best bet is to PM Roy

Great pics mate. What camera did you use? And why do you think that your pistons are sticking?

Cheers! Used a Nikon D60 and an iPhone for some.

I originally thought the standard pads were just rubbish and faded way too easily, but I thought there may be more to it than that so I decided to strip the brakes and found that a couple of the pads were corroded and not moving at all so I cleaned and copper greased them and it's seemed to help the braking a bit. They still don't feel 100% though and just feel a bit strange, I can feel the car twitching a slightly under braking and the pads still seem to fade really badly so I'm not sure whether a couple of the pistons may being sticking due to not moving for a while when the pads were corroded.. I'll attempt to strip the brakes again and check the pistons at some point, once I've read another 'How To'!

Very nice are you doing the Black&Brecons Run

Cheers. Is it still on 6th Oct? I definitely want to get involved in a few meets/runs/track days so yeah if I'm free on the 6th I'll come along

Very nice car mate and great shots!you must be a big fan of the colour combo even your dog is the same colour ha:wink:or more black over white.