Pole Position Seat Mount / Sliders / Harnesses

Well, just be sure, that it will hold (inner buckle) in case of crash. That is why I have used FIA nut with reinforcement plate. Not just drill the console.

IMG20220705113951.jpg

Reactions: jimmybell
yeah that's a good idea - i'll have to see if there's somewhere on the side mount that would fit a stress plate, and get hold of some 7/16 UNF thread M10 bolts as that seems to be the standard for the FIA eye bolts. For anyone else reading that means your standard metric threaded M10 will not fit in the FIA spreader plate, and the eye bolts that come with all of the harnesses are not a standard thread.

yeah it seems a bit random as to what sizes/threads are used around the car. i've used minimum A2 but mostly 10.9 grade M8 or M10 for all seat fittings (and M10 for cage), but re-used OEM bolts for rail->floor (and cage isofix->floor) which i think are also 7/16th UNF.

seems fiddly to find 7/16th bolts.

Also don't love that all of the eye bolts don't come with a hex head under the eye - tightening them must be an art with some grips.

For future reference these are the FIA stress plates (a number of sparco/omp/whoever make them or similar):

and you're meant to use these anywhere there's a bolt through the chassis is my understanding from the Schroth best practice documentation:

and i've been using westfield fasteners a LOT for various washer/bolt/nut/nyloc nut/unf thread stuff - so much better than screwfix/toolstation/amazon:

In the end went for the Pure Motorsport seat side mounts (supreme out of stock atm) for the driver side - need to do a final fit tonight but they work a dream in test fit, so much lower than the Recaro ones.

With hindsight - if you're looking for direct fit bucket seat to car floor mounts.. get the Pure Motorsport (or perhaps Supreme) ones. Dont waste your time with Recaro subframes unless you want seats to be similar height to stock.

In the end went for the Pure Motorsport seat side mounts (supreme out of stock atm) for the driver side - need to do a final fit tonight but they work a dream in test fit, so much lower than the Recaro ones.

With hindsight - if you're looking for direct fit bucket seat to car floor mounts.. get the Pure Motorsport (or perhaps Supreme) ones. Dont waste your time with Recaro subframes unless you want seats to be similar height to stock.
Shame that neither pure motorsport, nor Supreme one has a thread and strengthening for original seatbelt buckle.

Reactions: Big Ben
Shame that neither pure motorsport, nor Supreme one has a thread and strengthening for original seatbelt buckle.
Would be a good idea. I get tired of harnesses sometime and could just do with throwing a seatbelt on

Yeah i’m drilling my own hole in the side mount to retain the oem seat belt buckle.

Also a small hole next to it to retain the buckle guide lip thing that holds it straight.

Reactions: Big Ben