Recaro Sportster CS/Pole Position?

Rishi

Platinum Member
Anyone here just gone for the sportster cs rather than waiting for a pair of recaros?

Im really feeling the need for more support & would love to get my hands on a pair of ff recaros but no-one is selling em from the 197

Im thinking of going down the route of getting a single sportster cs as i already have the clio 05> frames for a recaro aswell, when i had a recaro in my old 06 clio 1.6 i felt it was slightly high but lived with it fine for over a year so the height should be ok

Is there any reason apart from how they look why i shouldn't go this route?

Im also very interested in getting a pair of side mounted pole positions but not sure how comfy & supportfull they really are?

Last edited:
I can't find anyone selling em anywhere!

I find the odd person selling 200 recaros but the yellow just wont go with my blue babe in my opinion, but who knows they could look great in there

Id be more than happy to trade my factory seats + hefty wedge of cash for 197 recaros, but nobody is selling em :worried:
I think i have to find someone selling their 197 w/recaros & approach them about it

Last edited:
There wasn't many made 197 with recaros came from factory, so that why is rare & hard to find. But most about are 200 & less R27.

What about getting your current re-trimmed and restyled with better bolsters as personally I find it's just the base bolsters which could do with being more supportive and that option will be easier and cheaper than trying to source and buy the Recaro's + you end up with a custom seat exactly to your preference.

id love to do that, i feel a lack of support around my back/shoulders, probly cause im 6,4" but i just need a snug seat really, im even thinking about a recaro pole position

while we're on the subject, does anyone know a source for the rails/sidemounts for a side mounted recaro?

id imagine they would take you down much lower aswell :thumbup1:

the ff RS seats are great for everyday use & completely fine on long journeys, but when i want to really drive the only way i can not be thrown all over the place is if ive got a cg lock on around my waist super tight

Last edited:
Last edited:
can you get:

Recaro Profi SPG's??

How are you looking to mount these mate?

It seems the best way would be to fit the recaro side mounts onto the factory rails (thats what you do for a recaro bottom mounted subframe)

In my opinion side mounted seats are going to be the only way to go, so i can get the seat height just right, so its just about finding a side mounted seat to suit myself

Whats making you go for the SPG's over the pole position?