plate 250 new proud owner

badbuzz2

Paid Member
Hi all Just bought my wife the R27 plate 250 very impressed what a cracking little car.
need some help tho looking for a remap in the west midlands and your thoughts on engine mods my thoughts are induction kit sports cat and remap should see 210 (hopefully):smiley:

ha-ha oh the optimism of a new owner... i know it well.
Welcome to the site, enjoy your car they are great fun.

Induction kit reduces power on the 197/200 so your best just getting an air filter.
You'll not see 210BHP with a remap, i'm sure some better qualified / experienced members will be along shortly to explain.
I think the best route for power seekers has been to supercharge or an engine transplant with the 225 megane.

Welcome to the site. You will be lucky to see 210 without spending a lot of money. You will more likely see about the 197 bhp mark with an exhaust and remap to suit, only from what I have seen on here, not from personal experience.

Your going to be looking at between 1 and 2k for that gain unfortunately.

Matched inlets, cams, V6 airbox + bang tidy exhaust (akrapovic, innoxline, piper)

And stay away from forced induction.

Enjoy the car for what it is now, then see if you can afford to go that extra mile. These aren't about 0-60 times (6.9 seconds is not shabby in any case) just linking corners and carrying speed. In these you can carry so much, chassis inspires so much confidence and the geometry is superb for fast road work.

thanks all this is a project so moneys not to much of an issue i want to track it a few times then ill spend..
ill try to get the pics on this weekend needs a good clean i have given it a bit of abuse this weekend and the only thing i have ever owned which handles like this was my starlet and at 30 i feel like a little boy again ;@)